Author Topic: PM crashes after Bridge installed - mouse also crashing  (Read 7126 times)

Offline lmalla

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM crashes after Bridge installed - mouse also crashing
« on: July 05, 2006, 07:57:06 AM »
Last week I installed CS2 package, and it included Bridge. After I had that, PM started acting weird, crashing a lot. Also, my mouse right click stopped working - and if I right click in any software, it will crash it.

I'm using an iMac Intel duo core, with latest OS.

Did anybody have this problem also? Is PM incompatible with Bridge?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM crashes after Bridge installed - mouse also crashing
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 08:37:58 AM »
Have you done all of the usual Mac OS X voodoo?  (Run Apple's Disk Utility, Repair disk, Repair permissions, etc.)

You might try calling Adobe Technical Support since your problems started when you installed CS2.

-Kirk

Offline lmalla

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 04:23:41 PM »
Yeah, I've done all the OS X voodoo - I repaired the disk at least 3 times.

I tried to contact Adobe, but they told me this problem has nothing to do with Adobe installation.

Fact is: my PM does not work properly anymore because of this. Does anyone have the same dilemma on computer hardware: Adobe PS CS2 or PM?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 08:39:47 PM »
Yeah, I've done all the OS X voodoo - I repaired the disk at least 3 times.

I tried to contact Adobe, but they told me this problem has nothing to do with Adobe installation.

Fact is: my PM does not work properly anymore because of this. Does anyone have the same dilemma on computer hardware: Adobe PS CS2 or PM?

I personally have Photoshop CS2, and InDesign CS2 and of course Photo Mechanic and they all work fine.  Photo Mechanic doesn't have an installer.  It is only an application.  If you were to delete Photo Mechanic from your computer, you would be in effect deleting all traces of Photo Mechanic from your system.  If the contextual menu click crashes still occur when you do not have Photo Mechanic on your system then Photo Mechanic cannot possibly be at fault.

When you installed Photoshop CS2, you likely noticed that it had a fairly involved installation process.  Who knows what all their installer added to your system?  Since Photo Mechanic does not have an installer, it does not install anything on your system.

You also mentioned that your problems started shortly after installing Photoshop CS2.  Based on your information, it sounds like CS2 is causing your problems.  Why?  I don't know.  Photoshop CS2 and Photo Mechanic work together really nicely on all of my systems.  In fact, if Photo Mechanic didn't work well with Photoshop CS2 and earlier, we would have a lot of unhappy customers.

-Kirk

Offline soren steffen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 01:28:36 AM »
Have you tried the troubleshooting in this doc

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/331295.html

Offline lmalla

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 06:32:03 AM »
Kirk, thank you so much for the answer. After all the puzzle, I got tired of trying things and did a fresh install of OSX on iMac, and reinstalled CS2 and PM. They are all working great now, and my mouse roght click came back!!!  :D

You're right: probably when I first installed CS2 something was added to the system that messed up the mouse. Fortunately now it's all clear. PM is working, CS2 is working!!!! And I am happy!!    :)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 06:45:03 AM »
Kirk, thank you so much for the answer. After all the puzzle, I got tired of trying things and did a fresh install of OSX on iMac, and reinstalled CS2 and PM. They are all working great now, and my mouse roght click came back!!!  :D

You're right: probably when I first installed CS2 something was added to the system that messed up the mouse. Fortunately now it's all clear. PM is working, CS2 is working!!!! And I am happy!!    :)

That's good to hear.  I'm sorry it turned out to be so difficult.

-Kirk