Author Topic: Save As snapshot feature not saving all settings (i.e. sRGB and Sharpen)  (Read 2364 times)

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
Mac OS X 10.5.5, PM 4.5.4 latest beta. Exhibited in earlier versions too. Here it is:

In the Save As dialog, the snapshot icon doesn't save and restore all settings, instead keeping their state from the last manual setting.

The affected settings are:

Convert to sRGB
Sharpen
Open destination as contact sheet

It's quite annoying, because I have different snapshots set up as for example "Newspaper to edit" "Save for Web" and similar, with the web snapshot of course converting to sRGB and sharpening, which I definitely not want on either the 12 quality jpegs I use for toning to upload to newspaper or the tiffs I use for highest quality editing.

Same with the Open destination...

I know the Save as dialog is completely new in the 4.6, so I would be happy if it worked at least in 4.6, I can wait :)

My windows laptop is at work, so cannot test it now (and I don't remember exactly)

On a related note, please see a feature request converning showing the currently effective snapshot name (if there is one) somewhere (window title), filed separately.

Many thanks and keep up the good work :) Frantisek

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Save As snapshot feature not saving all settings (i.e. sRGB and Sharpen)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 09:40:35 AM »
Frantisek,

Mac OS X 10.5.5, PM 4.5.4 latest beta. Exhibited in earlier versions too. Here it is:

In the Save As dialog, the snapshot icon doesn't save and restore all settings, instead keeping their state from the last manual setting.

The affected settings are:

Convert to sRGB
Sharpen
Open destination as contact sheet

It's quite annoying, because I have different snapshots set up as for example "Newspaper to edit" "Save for Web" and similar, with the web snapshot of course converting to sRGB and sharpening, which I definitely not want on either the 12 quality jpegs I use for toning to upload to newspaper or the tiffs I use for highest quality editing.

Same with the Open destination...

I know the Save as dialog is completely new in the 4.6, so I would be happy if it worked at least in 4.6, I can wait :)

Thanks for the heads-up.  I'll try and fix it for the final 4.5.4 version.

-Kirk