Author Topic: i'm new i have a couple of question  (Read 7958 times)

Offline judas

• View Profile
i'm new i have a couple of question
« on: October 29, 2008, 06:55:26 AM »
Hi to all
i tried Photo Mechanic and i like it ,i hate lightroom and i'm looking for a program to buy

well i have a couple of questions
i'm running it under xp and vista with last patches

1) i did  assign many keywords to my photos , many
   for example for 1 photo i assign 6 words
   now now can i visualize only the photos with some keywords like headshot ,laura ,yesterday(they are keywords)

2)how can i select the kind of files to visualize? for example i want that photo meachincs shows only raw and jpg files
no movies no psd ...

3) i would love a full view with the bar,i know there is a slideshow
but when i watch my photo i like to look only the photos maybe the rating or colors , nothing else
in this version i can't

thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: i'm new i have a couple of question
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 07:17:34 AM »
   now now can i visualize only the photos with some keywords like headshot ,laura ,yesterday(they are keywords)

You could do a Find on the keywords field and only the photos that contain your search string that match will be selected.  Then you could view selected photos only.

This will be of limited value since Photo Mechanic does not yet have a cataloging system and will only search the current contact sheet.

Quote from: judas
2)how can i select the kind of files to visualize? for example i want that photo meachincs shows only raw and jpg files
no movies no psd ...

You can't.  There is no filter for file types.

but when i watch my photo i like to look only the photos maybe the rating or colors , nothing else
in this version i can't

Try maximizing the Preview window and then put it into full-screen mode (the toolbar and window title bar will still be visible.)

-Kirk

Offline judas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 09:34:58 AM »

You could do a Find on the keywords field and only the photos that contain your search string that match will be selected.  Then you could view selected photos only.

This will be of limited value since Photo Mechanic does not yet have a cataloging system and will only search the current contact sheet.

no movies no psd ...

in this version i can't

Try maximizing the Preview window and then put it into full-screen mode (the toolbar and window title bar will still be visible.)

-Kirk

thanks
but the search feature is only for mac, i use pc version

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 09:50:06 AM »

no movies no psd ...

in this version i can't

It is the "Find" command on the Edit menu that I was describing.  Not the Search command that does not exist on the Windows version.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline judas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 11:09:46 AM »

no movies no psd ...

in this version i can't

It is the "Find" command on the Edit menu that I was describing.  Not the Search command that does not exist on the Windows version.

HTH,

-Kirk

thanks
by the way with a database and a brower Photo Mechanics could be the best over all

Offline judas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 11:41:22 AM »

do  you plan to add this feature soon ?

i would like a full view feature without the bar
in windows the full view is F
but there is a annoying bar
thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 11:53:33 AM »

do  you plan to add this feature soon ?

Not at this time, no.  Version 4.6 is right around the corner and its feature set is locked down right now.

-Kirk