Author Topic: Size of extracted JPEGs  (Read 5171 times)

Offline Jerry LoSardo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Size of extracted JPEGs
« on: November 21, 2008, 03:50:56 AM »
Instead of batch creating JPEGs after editing in NX2, I instead extract the JPEGs using PM.  This alternative is quicker, and the PM-extracted JPEGs also reflect my NX2 edits--good stuff.

I was surprised by the large size of the extracted JPEGs  (4-5mb).  The sheer size of these files slows down the process of uploading these images to my website.  Is there any way to reduce the size of the extracted JPEGs?

Thanks,
Jerry

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Size of extracted JPEGs
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 05:15:42 AM »
Jerry,

Instead of batch creating JPEGs after editing in NX2, I instead extract the JPEGs using PM.  This alternative is quicker, and the PM-extracted JPEGs also reflect my NX2 edits--good stuff.

I was surprised by the large size of the extracted JPEGs  (4-5mb).  The sheer size of these files slows down the process of uploading these images to my website.  Is there any way to reduce the size of the extracted JPEGs?

You could re-save them at a lower quality which would reduce their size.  Or you could scale them smaller as well.  The Save As dialog will allow you to do this with your extracted JPEGs.

HTH,

-Kirk