Author Topic: How do I view metadata from variables.  (Read 3260 times)

Offline DickB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How do I view metadata from variables.
« on: December 06, 2010, 10:51:07 AM »
Hello All,

I am trying to prepare my library for renaming with PM and would like some help.  I am new to PM.  I have missed this in the manual.  

When I goto Edit/Settings/Set Info Text and add variables to what I hope would be displayed in the info tab I do not see any of the new data (the variables just added).  What am I missing ?

Second question, how can I see a list view of a directory of images so that the metadata is displayed, expecually the newly added variables.  I would live to see the number of shutter actuations, the frame number for a set of images.

I am running PM 4.6.2.1 on an Intel Mac with OSX 10.6.5.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dick B
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 12:16:12 PM by DickB »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How do I view metadata from variables.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 12:13:22 PM »
Dick,

I am trying to prepare my library for renaming with PM and would like some help.  I am new to PM.  I have missed this in the manual. 

When I goto Edit/Settings/Set Info Text and add variables to what I hope would be displayed in the info tab I do not see any of the new data (the variables just added).  What am I missing ?

That is where you go to setup what it is that you want to see.  You will not see actual values there.  You need to either view the Info Text in the Preview window (upper right pane with text in it) or by turning on the Info Tooltips (View->Show Info Tooltips) and then you'll see them in the Contact Sheet.

Quote from: DickB
Second question, how can I see a list view of a directory of images so that the metadata is displayed, expecually the newly added variables.  I would live to see the number of shutter actuations, the frame number for a set of images.

Photo Mechanic does not offer a List View at this time.  Use the tooltips method (above) or you can create a Text export with the 'Exporter' template (File->Export) that you can setup to display any variables you wish to see.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline DickB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: How do I view metadata from variables.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 12:43:36 PM »
Kirk,

Thanks for your help.  It got me rolling.  I really appreciate your excellant support.

DickB