Author Topic: Preview Window's Thumb Gallery functionality  (Read 2393 times)

Offline Whistlingmike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Preview Window's Thumb Gallery functionality
« on: November 29, 2008, 06:32:39 PM »
I am wondering if there is any way to modify the "Thumb Gallery" at the bottom of the "Preview Window" so that it functions as it used to in a prior Photo Mechanic release. I would prefer that instead of moving like a film strip with the active image always at the center (except for the first few, or last few images on a contact sheet), that the live image stays in position in relation to its position on each line of the contact sheet.  For my way of working, I would find this much easier to know where I am in relation to the contact sheet, and it would help my editing.   Should it have any impact, I'm on a MacBook Pro with 4 GB of ram running OSX, version 10.4.11 and Photo Mechanic 4.5.3.2.  I shoot Nikon D-3's always on RAW (.nef) + JPG, although I sometimes edit older files from D2X's or D1X's.  Thanks for any suggestions.  mike@lichterphoto.com www.lichterphoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Preview Window's Thumb Gallery functionality
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 07:48:11 PM »
Mike,

I am wondering if there is any way to modify the "Thumb Gallery" at the bottom of the "Preview Window" so that it functions as it used to in a prior Photo Mechanic release.

There is no way to get the thumbnail strip to function like the older versions of Photo Mechanic.

Sorry.

-Kirk