Author Topic: E-mailing and FTP-ing from PM  (Read 3159 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
E-mailing and FTP-ing from PM
« on: November 30, 2008, 05:10:43 AM »
I usually send my photos to customers via FTP even if they prefer e-mail (most of them doesn't know what is FTP good for). I only send via e-mail FTP access info, where they find them or only the fact that I did upload the images.

It would be best to be able to set up the e-mail to be sent automatically after the FTP upload including variables if needed for example sharing the upload paths or names of files sent. Or at least be able to copy the file names from the FTP upload status window.

I tried to do it with the send photos via e-mail option sending low res images and setting up the messsage with variables linking the uploaded high res images like http://www.servername.com/remotepath/{fbas}.jpg but in the resulting e-mail I only had pne line wiht the path to only one image instead of all the images attached into the e-mail.
What is wrong my logic being able to do it, or something in the settings I used?

And I also really miss an option for pausig and resuming the FTP uploads since I have to restart everything when my 3G upload breaks for any reason. Also it would be great to have an option to resume file uploads besides owerwrite and create new.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: E-mailing and FTP-ing from PM
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 05:53:51 AM »
I usually send my photos to customers via FTP even if they prefer e-mail (most of them doesn't know what is FTP good for). I only send via e-mail FTP access info, where they find them or only the fact that I did upload the images.

It would be best to be able to set up the e-mail to be sent automatically after the FTP upload including variables if needed for example sharing the upload paths or names of files sent. Or at least be able to copy the file names from the FTP upload status window.

I tried to do it with the send photos via e-mail option sending low res images and setting up the messsage with variables linking the uploaded high res images like http://www.servername.com/remotepath/{fbas}.jpg but in the resulting e-mail I only had pne line wiht the path to only one image instead of all the images attached into the e-mail.
What is wrong my logic being able to do it, or something in the settings I used?

And I also really miss an option for pausig and resuming the FTP uploads since I have to restart everything when my 3G upload breaks for any reason. Also it would be great to have an option to resume file uploads besides owerwrite and create new.

Most of this sounds like a Feature Request, but I'll go ahead and respond to the main point of your message regarding the use of variables in email bodies.  Yes, the body text is only expanded once and only for one image (the first selected image), otherwise the body including all of the text would be repeated multiple times.  What would be useful would be to have 'markers' to show PM where you want text to be expanded for each image.

Please re-post the rest of your message in the Feature Requests section.

-Kirk