Author Topic: Copy/Paste? Probably a silly question.  (Read 2700 times)

Offline Chutterman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Copy/Paste? Probably a silly question.
« on: December 02, 2008, 08:33:42 AM »
Hello all

This is my first post as a new user of PM so be kind.

First off, system specs:

Windows XP SP3
PM 4.5.4
1GB Ram
Nikon D50 - NEF format.

I have had a look in the manual, and here on the forum, but am unable to find the answer.

Is there a simple copy and paste option? I appreciate that PM is for moving large numbers or selections of images but there is the odd occasion when copying a single image is needed and having to go through the folder tree that comes up is I right click and select copy in the contact sheet is rather laborious.

Many thanks for the great program by the way, so much better for ingesting than the Nikon Transfer program I was using before!

Thanks

Mark

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Copy/Paste? Probably a silly question.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 08:48:09 AM »
Mark,

First off, system specs:

Windows XP SP3
PM 4.5.4
1GB Ram
Nikon D50 - NEF format.

I have had a look in the manual, and here on the forum, but am unable to find the answer.

Is there a simple copy and paste option? I appreciate that PM is for moving large numbers or selections of images but there is the odd occasion when copying a single image is needed and having to go through the folder tree that comes up is I right click and select copy in the contact sheet is rather laborious.

You can use drag and drop to copy/move images from the current contact sheet.  Since you're on Windows, I like to select and image with the left mouse button, then right-click-drag to destination and then release the right mouse button.  A contextual menu will appear.  Choose Copy or Move from the contextual menu.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Chutterman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Copy/Paste? Probably a silly question.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 08:56:10 AM »
Kirk

Awesome. Talk about support!

Thank you so much, really appreciated.

I'm off to give it a go right now.

Thanks again

Mark