Author Topic: Other OS support  (Read 3470 times)

Offline daveh

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Other OS support
« on: July 08, 2006, 03:11:50 AM »
I appreciate that Photo Mechanic is a rather powerful program and needs a fair bit of processing power behind it but I was just wondering.....

A fair few colleagues of mine also use devices such as the HP ipaq 4700, Fuji Loox 720 and even the Qtek 9000 when out in the field to enable them to send images out quickly and avoid carrying around a full size laptop.

Is it technically possible to get Photo Mechanic to run on something that runs Windows Mobile 5.0 for example?

Just a thought.

Dave H

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Other OS support
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 06:28:04 AM »
Dave,

I appreciate that Photo Mechanic is a rather powerful program and needs a fair bit of processing power behind it but I was just wondering.....

A fair few colleagues of mine also use devices such as the HP ipaq 4700, Fuji Loox 720 and even the Qtek 9000 when out in the field to enable them to send images out quickly and avoid carrying around a full size laptop.

Is it technically possible to get Photo Mechanic to run on something that runs Windows Mobile 5.0 for example?

Just a thought.

I suppose it might be possible, but it would be a lot of work since it is likely that quite a few of our dialogs wouldn't fit on the screen of those devices.

We would likely have to do the whole UI from scratch.

-Kirk