Author Topic: Sequence for the day variable?  (Read 6465 times)

Offline nharnik

• View Profile
Sequence for the day variable?
« on: July 08, 2006, 09:08:35 AM »
Hi Kirk,

In the Ingest dialog box, I use the {seqn} variable to rename ingested photos, and the Auto increment folder suffix to name my ingested folders. But I have to reset these every day

What I seek is a 'sequence for the day' variable and an 'auto increment folder' that resets itself, so the first time they are used during the day, they will insert a 1. (I guess you could call it a counter for the day variable")

Is there some workaround I can use to achieve this in the current PM version? And if not, can a new variable be created for next version?

Thanks, Nati

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sequence for the day variable?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 11:42:01 AM »
Nati,

In the Ingest dialog box, I use the {seqn} variable to rename ingested photos, and the Auto increment folder suffix to name my ingested folders. But I have to reset these every day

What I seek is a 'sequence for the day' variable and an 'auto increment folder' that resets itself, so the first time they are used during the day, they will insert a 1. (I guess you could call it a counter for the day variable")

Is there some workaround I can use to achieve this in the current PM version? And if not, can a new variable be created for next version?

Instead of different variables, how about a preference checkbox that allows you to have the the sequence number automatically reset each day, and one to have the folder number reset each day?

-Kirk

Offline nharnik

• View Profile
Re: Sequence for the day variable?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 01:23:26 PM »
Kirk,

The preference checkbox option would be the perfect solution, thank you.  :)
I have combined PM's text replacement feature with the variables feature to achieve automatic camera mapping and automatic filling of the iptc fields during ingest. The ability to autoreset the sequence number on folders and files will make it all oh so much more elegant.
Guess now I wait for a program update....

rgds, Nati