Author Topic: Change capture date/time based on reference file  (Read 5072 times)

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
Change capture date/time based on reference file
« on: November 17, 2008, 03:00:44 PM »
Kirk,

I just had a case that I used two cameras to shoot an event, but by mistake the date AND time on one camera was totally wrong.

I know I can adjust the date and time using the corresponding tool, but I have to basically calculate and enter the correct time offset (hh/mm/ss) first and manually enter them.

Is there a way to add an option that I can select lets say 100 files with the wrong date and time, open the time adjustment tool, and instead of entering the offset and new date I just select a 'reference' picture so the program can calculate the correction based on the date/time difference of the first wrong picture and the 'ref' picture, and then applies this correction to all of them?

Thanks,
Juerg

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Change capture date/time based on reference file
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 03:40:05 PM »
Juerg,

I just had a case that I used two cameras to shoot an event, but by mistake the date AND time on one camera was totally wrong.

I know I can adjust the date and time using the corresponding tool, but I have to basically calculate and enter the correct time offset (hh/mm/ss) first and manually enter them.

Is there a way to add an option that I can select lets say 100 files with the wrong date and time, open the time adjustment tool, and instead of entering the offset and new date I just select a 'reference' picture so the program can calculate the correction based on the date/time difference of the first wrong picture and the 'ref' picture, and then applies this correction to all of them?

Maybe you're not understanding the "Adjust Capture Dates and Times" tool completely.  All you have to do is calculate the time offset once and then apply that offset to all of the selected photos by clicking on the Adjust Photos button one time.

If we did offer a time delta calculator, you would likely still need to fiddle with the time offset unless both photos were taken simultaneously by the two separate cameras.

-Kirk

Offline Brendan

• View Profile
Re: Change capture date/time based on reference file
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 05:26:57 PM »
trust kirk, it works. I used this some times in the past.
just get once the difference based on one picture that must shot on the same time, or more precisely, do it now (but only if you havent changed the time on both cameras since the shooting)
using the latest version of PM on win10