Author Topic: Web Gallery  (Read 2637 times)

Offline ostonica

• View Profile
Web Gallery
« on: December 05, 2008, 09:29:32 AM »
I have the images for my web galleries in sub folders (different projects) in a ForWeb folder.
I have a contact sheet with sub folder for the ForWeb Folder

But when I run the export on the images in the Contact sheet, they all appear in the website together, not collected into their project folders.

How can I export these images to the web keeping them in their sub folders (different projects). Must I export each sub folder separately?  That seems a rather cumbersome way of maintaining a site with several sub folders whose contents change frequently.

Thanks

Jim Swift

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Web Gallery
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 09:59:19 AM »
Jim,

I have the images for my web galleries in sub folders (different projects) in a ForWeb folder.
I have a contact sheet with sub folder for the ForWeb Folder

But when I run the export on the images in the Contact sheet, they all appear in the website together, not collected into their project folders.

How can I export these images to the web keeping them in their sub folders (different projects). Must I export each sub folder separately?

Yes.

Quote from: ostonica
That seems a rather cumbersome way of maintaining a site with several sub folders whose contents change frequently.

The Exporter templates were never intended to be used to maintain an entire website.  What you're wanting to do is just beyond the original design goals of the Exporter templates.  It would be possible to make templates that do what you're looking for, but it wouldn't be trivial to change them to do so.

-Kirk

Offline ostonica

• View Profile
Re: Web Gallery
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 09:02:51 PM »
Jim,
The Exporter templates were never intended to be used to maintain an entire website.  What you're wanting to do is just beyond the original design goals of the Exporter templates.  It would be possible to make templates that do what you're looking for, but it wouldn't be trivial to change them to do so.

-Kirk

Thanks, Kirk. I thought that might be the case. Not a real issue for me though.

Jim