Author Topic: Corruption with Fuji F30 avi files  (Read 5561 times)

Offline carynlevy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • www.carynlevy.com
Corruption with Fuji F30 avi files
« on: July 08, 2006, 06:28:22 PM »
Hi Kirk-
Is there any way you could make Photo Mechanic work with the new Fuji F30 avi files? I could send you a sample file, if that would help. I haven't experienced this problem with any other Fuji point & shoots. Here's what happens...when ingesting or copying files from the card thru PM, everything works fine as far as copying the files to a folder. When you try to open any avi file, it says "Error Opening Movie...the movie could not be opened." If I take the xd card & simply drag the files to the folder on my desktop, they open fine. If I take that "working" folder & copy or move them using PM to generate thumbnails, the files get corrupt again. This didn't happen with the files from a Fuji F10 (the F30's predecessor).  ???
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Caryn Levy
www.carynlevy.com
www.pgatourimages.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Corruption with Fuji F30 avi files
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 08:28:36 PM »
Caryn,

Is there any way you could make Photo Mechanic work with the new Fuji F30 avi files? I could send you a sample file, if that would help. I haven't experienced this problem with any other Fuji point & shoots. Here's what happens...when ingesting or copying files from the card thru PM, everything works fine as far as copying the files to a folder. When you try to open any avi file, it says "Error Opening Movie...the movie could not be opened." If I take the xd card & simply drag the files to the folder on my desktop, they open fine. If I take that "working" folder & copy or move them using PM to generate thumbnails, the files get corrupt again. This didn't happen with the files from a Fuji F10 (the F30's predecessor).  ???
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Contact me privately for server upload info and I'll give it a try.  Maybe the OS is corrupting them when the icon is assigned.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 12:08:43 AM »
Caryn uploaded some sample files.  I was able to reproduce the problem and I fixed it.  The fix will appear in the next update.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline carynlevy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • www.carynlevy.com
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 05:32:56 AM »
Wow! Thanks Kirk! You're the best! Any idea of the time frame for the next update? (you knew I was gonna ask that)!
Caryn Levy
www.carynlevy.com
www.pgatourimages.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 06:28:30 AM »
Caryn,

Wow! Thanks Kirk! You're the best! Any idea of the time frame for the next update? (you knew I was gonna ask that)!

Soon.  Since you posted about a bug, I would be happy to get you an early beta.  I'll send you a separate email with the details.

-Kirk