Author Topic: Hiding PM  (Read 3960 times)

Offline robk47

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hiding PM
« on: December 12, 2008, 07:20:36 AM »
I recently installed PM 4.5.4 on my iMac with Leopard OS...I cannot get it to hide...I click on Hide Photo Mechanic and nothing happens, which was NOT the case with 4.5.3. Suggestions??
Rob Klein :(

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Hiding PM
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 07:32:38 AM »
Rob,

I recently installed PM 4.5.4 on my iMac with Leopard OS...I cannot get it to hide...I click on Hide Photo Mechanic and nothing happens, which was NOT the case with 4.5.3. Suggestions??

No changes were made to Photo Mechanic in 4.5.4 in regards to hiding the application.  In fact, the Cocoa framework handles all of that 'behind the scenes' for Photo Mechanic.

Do you have a dialog open when you try to hide PM?  Applications with active modal dialogs cannot be hidden.

-Kirk

Offline robk47

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 08:00:03 AM »
Kirk,
Apparently there WAS something interfering with the ability to hide the application. I have no idea what it was, but when I restarted, it seemed to be working. Thanks though!!!
Rob

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 08:14:03 AM »
Rob,

Apparently there WAS something interfering with the ability to hide the application. I have no idea what it was, but when I restarted, it seemed to be working. Thanks though!!!

What did you have to restart?  Mac OS X, or Photo Mechanic?

-Kirk