Author Topic: Moving to another machine  (Read 4478 times)

Offline Ted Grudzinski

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Moving to another machine
« on: December 10, 2008, 11:39:07 AM »
My workplace is upgrading my machine. Windows XP system. What do I need do to remove it from this machine and re-install it into the new machine. I have version 4.5 of Camera Bits. My last upgrade was to Photo Mechanic 4.5  I have the invoice number and date if I need to supply that privately. I'm not sure if I have the original serial number. Can I still download and use 4.5? I'm happy with it and still using Nikon D2x cameras.

ted

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Moving to another machine
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 11:48:43 AM »
ted,

My workplace is upgrading my machine. Windows XP system. What do I need do to remove it from this machine and re-install it into the new machine. I have version 4.5 of Camera Bits. My last upgrade was to Photo Mechanic 4.5  I have the invoice number and date if I need to supply that privately. I'm not sure if I have the original serial number. Can I still download and use 4.5? I'm happy with it and still using Nikon D2x cameras.

Just uninstall Photo Mechanic from your old machine.  Then download the latest 4.5.x (at this writing it is version 4.5.4) from our website (http://www.camerabits.com/) and install it on your new machine.  You will have to re-enter your registration information on your new system.

That's it.

-Kirk

Offline scwerden

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 05:31:41 PM »
On a Mac isn't there another file that contains keywords, preferences, etc. that must accompany the PM program.

Stowell

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 05:35:15 PM »
On a Mac isn't there another file that contains keywords, preferences, etc. that must accompany the PM program.

Yes, but the original poster was using Windows XP.

-Kirk