Author Topic: Web Export with sub-folders intact on site  (Read 3511 times)

Offline pmagi

• View Profile
Web Export with sub-folders intact on site
« on: December 11, 2008, 12:14:33 PM »
(Moved from "support" forum)

I see some other people have requested this too for various reasons. I use JAlbum today (with the BluePlusPlus template modded) and this and many of the other templates there support folders too, for example Bananalbum that is also in PM. So, it seems more down to PM to supply the structure....

I use folders for two reasons:
1. For example shooting several shop interiors, I want to seperate them for the customer.
2. Even for one location I want to have two folders like "best" and "possible".

This can be done with a site for each folder in PM, but its a bit ugly solution...

Any plans in this direction?

PS. I will post a "quickmodded" PM Classic template here soon that looks much better in my eyes, with some icons instead of "previous" and "next" etc.

Rgds
PM

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Web Export with sub-folders intact on site
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 12:20:51 PM »
(Moved from "support" forum)

I see some other people have requested this too for various reasons. I use JAlbum today (with the BluePlusPlus template modded) and this and many of the other templates there support folders too, for example Bananalbum that is also in PM. So, it seems more down to PM to supply the structure....

I use folders for two reasons:
1. For example shooting several shop interiors, I want to seperate them for the customer.
2. Even for one location I want to have two folders like "best" and "possible".

This can be done with a site for each folder in PM, but its a bit ugly solution...

Any plans in this direction?

Not at the moment.  We tend not to promise something until we do the work.  That way no one is let down.

-Kirk