Author Topic: Email error: Unable to Connect to MAPI  (Read 3965 times)

Offline Captain_Vegetable

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Email error: Unable to Connect to MAPI
« on: December 14, 2008, 01:28:10 PM »
I've never had problems emailing photos directly from Photo Mechanic before.  Suddenly I'm getting an "unable to connect to MAPI" error message (see attached).  One thing that recently changed on my computer was that I installed Nero 7, so that is my first suspect.  Can anyone help?

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Email error: Unable to Connect to MAPI
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 01:40:00 PM »
Just wanted to add that I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird.  I see some old posts saying Thunderbird does not support MAPI (whatever that is), but I want to reiterate that Thunderbird worked just fine for sending photos through Photo Mechanic until today.

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 02:57:17 PM »
I have a new suspect: Microsoft Outlook.  I just remembered the other recent change to my system: I installed Microsoft Office.  But Thunderbird is my default email client.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 05:11:18 PM »
I have a new suspect: Microsoft Outlook.  I just remembered the other recent change to my system: I installed Microsoft Office.  But Thunderbird is my default email client.

For these kinds of issues, it's best to call our support folks at 503-547-2888 or contact them via email at support@camerabits.com

-Kirk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 06:27:20 PM »
I got it working again!  If any other Thunderbird users encounter this issue, what I did was:
(1) Uninstalled Outlook by clicking on the Office installation in Add/Remove Programs and then using the Repair/Modify option
(2) Ran a registry cleaner to remove traces of Outlook
(3) Used a small, free utility called DefaultMail to set Thunderbird as default email client.

And now it works.   :)