Author Topic: D300 and Picture Control  (Read 9182 times)

Offline Jerry LoSardo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
D300 and Picture Control
« on: December 21, 2008, 01:40:09 PM »
Hi,
I'm using PM 4.5.4.
I just bought a Nikon D300 and ingested my first images using PM.  When using the D300 you no longer control settings such as color mode, contrast, etc, but instead you use "Picture Contorl".  Is there any way that I can get the "PM Info text to reflect which picture control setting I used with each image?

Thanks,
Jerry LoSardo

Offline karlmz

• View Profile
Re: D300 and Picture Control
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 10:31:04 AM »
Hi,
I would also be interested in this for my D90.
It would be nice if there were a tool with which the user him/herself could generate new variables when needed, as when new camera models so require.
The new variables could be shared on a new forum (New Variables?) so that other users could benefit too (like for the Code Replacements forum).
The new variables could then be "harvested" and added to normal software updates by Camerabits.

Regards,
Karl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 11:47:55 AM »
I would also be interested in this for my D90.
It would be nice if there were a tool with which the user him/herself could generate new variables when needed, as when new camera models so require.
The new variables could be shared on a new forum (New Variables?) so that other users could benefit too (like for the Code Replacements forum).
The new variables could then be "harvested" and added to normal software updates by Camerabits.

It isn't a matter of inventing new variable names.  Custom maker note parsing code needs to be written and only we can do it at this time.

-Kirk

Offline Krispu

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 08:35:37 AM »
Hi,

right now I´m evaluating PM 4.6. To see the Nikon picture control settings in the info text would be a very useful feature. Please could you implement a code for the Nikon picture control settings used in cameras like D3, D700, D300 and D90.

Thanks

Krispu

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 05:54:16 PM »
Hi,
I'm using PM 4.5.4.
I just bought a Nikon D300 and ingested my first images using PM.  When using the D300 you no longer control settings such as color mode, contrast, etc, but instead you use "Picture Contorl".  Is there any way that I can get the "PM Info text to reflect which picture control setting I used with each image?

Jerry,

I added 11 new variables in PM 4.6 for Picture Control.

{pcnm} : Name
{pcad} : Adjustment
{pcqa} : Quick Adjust
{pcsh} : Sharpness
{pccn} : Contrast
{pcbr} : Brightness
{pcsa} : Saturation
{pchu} : Hue
{pcfe} : Filter Effect
{pcte} : Toning Effect
{pcts} : Toning Saturation

--dennis