Author Topic: print dialog problem  (Read 3667 times)

Offline tony

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • tonymcnicol.com
print dialog problem
« on: December 22, 2008, 06:44:48 AM »
Hi,

I've had a problem with the print dialog ever since I installed photomechanic (now running 4.5.4 on Windows XP). The dialog comes up much small than it should be. The right edge is in the middle of the watermark icon.

It's a pretty bad problem as of course I can't use the print function properly!

Thanks in advance for your help,

Tony

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: print dialog problem
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 07:06:27 AM »
Tony,

I've had a problem with the print dialog ever since I installed photomechanic (now running 4.5.4 on Windows XP). The dialog comes up much small than it should be. The right edge is in the middle of the watermark icon.

It's a pretty bad problem as of course I can't use the print function properly!

Could you please post a screen shot of the Print dialog?

-Kirk

Offline tony

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • tonymcnicol.com
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 07:30:28 AM »
here you go . . .

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 08:21:54 AM »
Tony,

It is likely because of your use of much larger fonts.  I'll see what I can do to fix the problem.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 09:45:36 AM »
Tony,

It is likely because of your use of much larger fonts.  I'll see what I can do to fix the problem.

I set my system for large fonts and I couldn't reproduce the problem.  You'll need to tell me how I can make my system like yours so that I can reproduce the problem on my end.

See screen shot below...

-Kirk

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline tony

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • tonymcnicol.com
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 05:30:48 PM »
Hi Kirk,

I use a Japanese language version of windows. I just checked with my Dell laptop too and I have exactly the same problem. (The laptop is Vista). I don't think its the settings as the laptop is new and I've changed very little.

Incidentally, is there any way to increase the size of the fonts in Photomechanic? I find the text quite difficult to read when captioning.

Thanks

Tony

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 07:19:25 PM »
Tony,

I use a Japanese language version of windows. I just checked with my Dell laptop too and I have exactly the same problem. (The laptop is Vista). I don't think its the settings as the laptop is new and I've changed very little.

Incidentally, is there any way to increase the size of the fonts in Photomechanic? I find the text quite difficult to read when captioning.

No, not currently.  But in version 4.6 there is control over the size of the font used in the Caption field of the IPTC dialogs.

Is this problem with the Print dialog a new issue?  Do older versions of PM not exhibit this problem?  Is the Print dialog the only dialog that has this issue?

-Kirk

Offline tony

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • tonymcnicol.com
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 09:44:19 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Thanks. I've been using PM for about 3 months and it's always been like that, on both computers. Only the print dialog as far as I can see.

Tony