Author Topic: Structured keywords  (Read 2507 times)

Offline Ty Tannic

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Structured keywords
« on: January 01, 2009, 03:41:36 PM »
I'm a newbie and at a loss trying to figure out how to use the structured keyword feature. I understand the hierarchal concept but how do I delete the sample structure and enter my own categories and nested words?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Structured keywords
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 04:23:42 PM »
I'm a newbie and at a loss trying to figure out how to use the structured keyword feature. I understand the hierarchal concept but how do I delete the sample structure and enter my own categories and nested words?

Right-click on an item in a column and choose 'Delete' from the contextual menu that appears.

-Kirk

Offline Ty Tannic

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 05:39:33 PM »
Thanks, Kirk. I'm getting there. I've deleted the sample list of structured keywords and entered a new Parent word "Birds" in the first column. How do I now enter words in successive columns for subcategories? For example, if I want the Parent word to be "Birds," how do I enter "Water Birds" in the 2nd column, "Ducks" in the 3rd column, "Mallards" in the 4th column, etc.?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 07:43:58 PM »
Thanks, Kirk. I'm getting there. I've deleted the sample list of structured keywords and entered a new Parent word "Birds" in the first column. How do I now enter words in successive columns for subcategories? For example, if I want the Parent word to be "Birds," how do I enter "Water Birds" in the 2nd column, "Ducks" in the 3rd column, "Mallards" in the 4th column, etc.?

Right-click on the Parent word and a contextual menu will appear.  I think the menu will be fairly straight-forward to understand.

The manual explains a lot of this.  You can download the manual from our site:

http://www.camerabits.com/site/downloads.html

-Kirk