Author Topic: Live Ingest resize  (Read 2960 times)

Offline nmf

• View Profile
Live Ingest resize
« on: March 28, 2010, 03:46:36 AM »
Is it possible to add a way to resize images as they are ingested to a secondary or tertiary folder via the Live Ingest function please ? Maybe the option to "Save as" as opposed to Copy ? If space in the dialog is an issue could it be set via a button similar to "Set Secondary Destination Route Path..." or IPTC Stationary Pad ?

My reason for asking is that I have a number of clients whose initial interest is in updating their websites during events with images for printed versions not being required until later. Such a function would allow for images to be uploaded automatically and, more cheaply if it must be done via a usb modem connection.

Ideally this could all be carried out via the "FTP Photos As..." option by setting a folder to tell Photo Mechnanic to upload images downloaded into it, resizing them as it does so. Unfortunately this isn't currently possible as a hot folder / drop folder option would be required. Such folder functions are available with other FTP software but I am as yet to find one that will do the resize.

I have found Mac scripts to attach to folders that will resize images for this purpose but none for Windows which is running the laptop I would be using.

Thank you.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Live Ingest resize
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 07:17:39 AM »
Is it possible to add a way to resize images as they are ingested to a secondary or tertiary folder via the Live Ingest function please ? Maybe the option to "Save as" as opposed to Copy ? If space in the dialog is an issue could it be set via a button similar to "Set Secondary Destination Route Path..." or IPTC Stationary Pad ?

My reason for asking is that I have a number of clients whose initial interest is in updating their websites during events with images for printed versions not being required until later. Such a function would allow for images to be uploaded automatically and, more cheaply if it must be done via a usb modem connection.

Ideally this could all be carried out via the "FTP Photos As..." option by setting a folder to tell Photo Mechnanic to upload images downloaded into it, resizing them as it does so. Unfortunately this isn't currently possible as a hot folder / drop folder option would be required. Such folder functions are available with other FTP software but I am as yet to find one that will do the resize.

We would be more likely to have an option to Upload after a file is Ingested than we would be to add the ability to scale images during the Ingest.  So yes, it would be possible to add such a solution.

-Kirk

Offline nmf

• View Profile
Re: Live Ingest resize
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 07:23:30 AM »
Thanks.