Author Topic: "SEND" button in the "info" window...  (Read 7959 times)

Offline ricdel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
"SEND" button in the "info" window...
« on: January 17, 2009, 04:43:23 AM »
I think it could be a good idea to be able to send a photo by ftp/email directly by the "info" window, just after entering every info, caption, credit, etc. (instead to close the info window and then the photo and then again select the preview of the photo to send it). Do you think it is possible to set a "SEND" button in the info window?
Riccardo

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: "SEND" button in the "info" window...
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 07:22:27 AM »
Riccardo,

I think it could be a good idea to be able to send a photo by ftp/email directly by the "info" window, just after entering every info, caption, credit, etc. (instead to close the info window and then the photo and then again select the preview of the photo to send it). Do you think it is possible to set a "SEND" button in the info window?

I suppose one could be added, but why not tag or color class the image and then move on to the next image (and so on) and when you're all done, select all images with the 'to send' color class and then send them all at once?  That way you don't have to deal with multiple dialogs all of the time.

-Kirk

Offline nmf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 03:22:28 AM »
The benefit of such an option is that images could be queued and uploaded in the background whilst the next image is being edited. Waiting until all the images are edited can mean not only a delay in despatching but also a delay in the photographer being able to move on to the next job.

An alternative to a Send button may be to allow either Cmd U or Alt Cmd U to work from within the Captioning dialog if possible.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 06:38:08 AM »
The benefit of such an option is that images could be queued and uploaded in the background whilst the next image is being edited. Waiting until all the images are edited can mean not only a delay in despatching but also a delay in the photographer being able to move on to the next job.

An alternative to a Send button may be to allow either Cmd U or Alt Cmd U to work from within the Captioning dialog if possible.

I think that would be pretty usable.  So if there was an Upload queue already in progress then this button could add the photo to the queue (it should save the IPTC data as it appears in the dialog first though.)

-Kirk

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 10:53:38 AM »

I think that would be pretty usable.  So if there was an Upload queue already in progress then this button could add the photo to the queue (it should save the IPTC data as it appears in the dialog first though.)

-Kirk

Sounds good. Especially with the 4.6 feature which marks files already uploaded (well, if I remember correctly it should make it into 4.6, no ;-) )

Offline nmf

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 12:05:00 PM »
Kirk, good point about saving the new caption.

My only concern with your suggestion would be that the "Upload queue would already be in progress" which I take to mean we would still have to leave the captioning process to send the first image so the next could then be added to the queue from within the captioning dialog.

Is there any way that we could stay within the captioning stage of a workflow throughout, rather than jumping back and forwards please ?

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 01:31:34 AM »
I think PM could add the files to the upload queue if one allready exist and offer to create one if it doesn't exist as well as ask for which one to add if more than one exist.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com