Author Topic: no right preview of RAWs  (Read 3709 times)

Offline Christiane

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
no right preview of RAWs
« on: January 14, 2009, 05:48:34 PM »
Hi,

I am photographing Raw (Canon 5D, CR2) working with CS3 Bridge and cannot see the actual Raw pictures with the settings I made in Bridge in your Software PM. (Apple Mac Pro, 2.5 GHZ Intel, 4 GB 667 MHz) PM 4.5.4.  Mac Os 10.5.6
Afterwards I tried to actualize the Raws in CS3, it worked by renaming the folder, but in PM I see only the old pictures (the foldername was new, so it did not use the old cache).

How could I see the newest version of my Raws?

Best wishes

Christiane

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: no right preview of RAWs
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 06:25:24 PM »
Christiane,

I am photographing Raw (Canon 5D, CR2) working with CS3 Bridge and cannot see the actual Raw pictures with the settings I made in Bridge in your Software PM. (Apple Mac Pro, 2.5 GHZ Intel, 4 GB 667 MHz) PM 4.5.4.  Mac Os 10.5.6
Afterwards I tried to actualize the Raws in CS3, it worked by renaming the folder, but in PM I see only the old pictures (the foldername was new, so it did not use the old cache).

How could I see the newest version of my Raws?

It's just not possible for Photo Mechanic to render your RAW file using Adobe's proprietary settings.  Adobe does not provide other applications with their rendering technology.  That said, if you instead convert your RAW files to DNG format, Photo Mechanic will be able to show your adjusted DNG photos.

-Kirk

Offline Christiane

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 10:46:32 PM »
Dear Kirk,

thank you very much for your help.

Christiane

Offline Karsten

• View Profile
    • Photographer Karsten Weirup
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 11:43:04 AM »
But if you convert your Rawfiles in photoshop to DNG your captions and keywords will be invisible. So if you use PM to search for your pictures on your mac your DNGĀ“s will not be found un less you use Update IPTC in tools.
Kirk has explained it in another thread.

Best Karsten