Author Topic: Mac and PC  (Read 4931 times)

Offline pbets

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Mac and PC
« on: July 07, 2006, 09:08:51 AM »
This could be a ridiculous question but I am going to ask anyways because, well, there is no harm in asking.

I usually work on Mac, an older G3, but, right now, I am doing most post processing work on a PC because someone gave it to me, it is half decent and it is a bit faster than my Mac. In the next couple months I am going to buy a new Mac, I am just waiting on some price changes and newer specs. So, my dilemma is that I got the PC demo of Photo Mechanic and it is a program that I would buy but, it does not make sense for me to buy the PC version because by the fall it will be somewhat unusable since then I will be working on a Mac, but, right now I need the PC version because I don't think my G3 will support it as well as the PC does and there are some things on the PC I need like a DVD burner, that my G3 does not have. And finally, my demo runs out next week and that sucks because I have got used to the program and it is a good one.

If I purchase the PC version does that also entitle me to a Mac version, is it one program file that I download that is compatible to both Mac and PC and if so how would I install the program on 2 computers that are different systems?

Thanks for your help and hopefully there is some way to help me out.
Have a good day
Cheers

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Mac and PC
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 09:59:30 AM »
This could be a ridiculous question but I am going to ask anyways because, well, there is no harm in asking.

I usually work on Mac, an older G3, but, right now, I am doing most post processing work on a PC because someone gave it to me, it is half decent and it is a bit faster than my Mac. In the next couple months I am going to buy a new Mac, I am just waiting on some price changes and newer specs. So, my dilemma is that I got the PC demo of Photo Mechanic and it is a program that I would buy but, it does not make sense for me to buy the PC version because by the fall it will be somewhat unusable since then I will be working on a Mac, but, right now I need the PC version because I don't think my G3 will support it as well as the PC does and there are some things on the PC I need like a DVD burner, that my G3 does not have. And finally, my demo runs out next week and that sucks because I have got used to the program and it is a good one.

If I purchase the PC version does that also entitle me to a Mac version, is it one program file that I download that is compatible to both Mac and PC and if so how would I install the program on 2 computers that are different systems?

Thanks for your help and hopefully there is some way to help me out.

While the actual Photo Mechanic application is provided in two separate releases, one for Mac OS X, and one for Windows, the registration information that you will receive from Camera Bits, Inc. will work on both versions.

So if you purchase now and use the Windows version for a time and then switch to using Mac OS X, you'll be able to enter the same registration information on your Mac and it will work fine.

So go ahead and buy it before your demo expires.

-Kirk

Offline pbets

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Mac and PC
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 08:53:21 AM »
That is great...thanks so much....!

Cheers
Paul