Author Topic: How do I get Photoshop to fire up from the edit button?  (Read 3968 times)

Offline JohnB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How do I get Photoshop to fire up from the edit button?
« on: July 09, 2006, 07:41:45 PM »
I am running PM from Windows XP and I want to be able to edit my photos in PhotoshopCS but when I click edit, it fires up a Ulead Viewer that is my default viewer for browsing images from Windows Explorer.  How do I point the PM edit button to my Photoshop CS? 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How do I get Photoshop to fire up from the edit button?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 08:16:23 PM »
John,

I am running PM from Windows XP and I want to be able to edit my photos in PhotoshopCS but when I click edit, it fires up a Ulead Viewer that is my default viewer for browsing images from Windows Explorer.  How do I point the PM edit button to my Photoshop CS? 

Open the Preferences dialog.  Click on the Launching tab.  Click on the radio button titled "Assign default application:". Then click on the Choose... button.  Find Photoshop CS and choose it from the dialog.

If you want to assign specific editors for specific file types, look a couple of lines below where you'll find the sentence "Assign specific editing applications for each file type:".  Click on the Set... button.  There you can assign a specific editor for NEF files, CR2 files, etc.

HTH,

-Kirk