Author Topic: PM4.6 - Preview toolbar text-only items grayed out  (Read 2708 times)

Offline jimb

• View Profile
PM4.6 - Preview toolbar text-only items grayed out
« on: January 27, 2009, 06:29:50 AM »
PM 4.6 on a Mac Pro OS X 10.5.6...

In the Preview display if the toolbar items are set to "Text Only" via the context menu, all the items are grayed-out and most are disabled. But if you click on "Single preview", "Portraits" or "Landscapes" the toolbar then reverts to the "Icon & Text" setting.

This behavior is also present in Ver 4.5.4.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM4.6 - Preview toolbar text-only items grayed out
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 07:21:54 AM »
PM 4.6 on a Mac Pro OS X 10.5.6...

In the Preview display if the toolbar items are set to "Text Only" via the context menu, all the items are grayed-out and most are disabled. But if you click on "Single preview", "Portraits" or "Landscapes" the toolbar then reverts to the "Icon & Text" setting.

This behavior is also present in Ver 4.5.4.

OK, not surprising.  I made no changes to the Preview window's toolbar in 4.6.  The toolbar was never intended to operate in Text Only mode.  I would have removed that option if I had the capability to do so.  You can hide the toolbar altogether if you like.  There are keyboard shortcuts for every function of the Toolbar.

-Kirk

Offline jimb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 10:34:28 AM »
I understand there are other choices for each function. I was just reporting something that doesn't work. Seems a bit strange that you can't eliminate the "Text Only" option.
Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 11:05:14 AM »
I understand there are other choices for each function. I was just reporting something that doesn't work. Seems a bit strange that you can't eliminate the "Text Only" option.

And I definitely welcome your bug report.  Apple implements the Toolbar editor and from what I can tell, I cannot limit the choices via their API.

-Kirk