Author Topic: Drag and drop  (Read 5007 times)

Offline The_Toff

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Drag and drop
« on: July 10, 2006, 02:19:48 AM »
once I have ingested new files from my CF card and the thumbnails are shown, how do I drag and drop the thumnails into catagorised folders in the Nav panel rather than tagging colour coding , and saving as

Robert Smith

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Drag and drop
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 06:34:28 AM »
once I have ingested new files from my CF card and the thumbnails are shown, how do I drag and drop the thumnails into catagorised folders in the Nav panel rather than tagging colour coding , and saving as

First you select them with the mouse.  Then click and drag any one of the selected thumbnails over to a folder in the Navigator or Favorites.

That's it.

-Kirk

Offline Colquitt

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 11:24:31 AM »
Sometimes when I drag photos from a folder into one on the navigator, it copies them. Other times, it moves them. Ideally, I would like to move them so that I don't have them in two places. Any suggestions?

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 12:50:40 PM »
Sometimes when I drag photos from a folder into one on the navigator, it copies them. Other times, it moves them. Ideally, I would like to move them so that I don't have them in two places. Any suggestions?

Drag and drop will do a move by default if the source and destination are on the same drive.  If the source folder and destination folders are on different drives, then use the Copy Photos command from the File menu, it will allow a Move between drives (set the Move checkbox).

HTH,

-Kirk