Author Topic: FTP button in Stationery Pad ?  (Read 5305 times)

Offline denisbalibouse

• View Profile
    • Display of my work
FTP button in Stationery Pad ?
« on: April 14, 2008, 12:16:56 AM »
Hello,

I have been away from the forums for more than a year but happily enjoyed using PM 4.4.
I am currently testing the demo of the last version available and have a request.
I would like to be able to send my pictures directly by FTP directly from the Stationery Pad.

Would this feature be possible considering there should be a solution found with saving the info that we type in the PAD. A button like "save and FTP" would be great with also a FPT connexion we could save by default so that we don't need to go back to the FTP window to select destination.

This would be of great use on the soccer pitch with laptop on the knees.

Denis

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: FTP button in Stationery Pad ?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 06:36:50 AM »
Dennis,

I have been away from the forums for more than a year but happily enjoyed using PM 4.4.
I am currently testing the demo of the last version available and have a request.
I would like to be able to send my pictures directly by FTP directly from the Stationery Pad.

Would this feature be possible considering there should be a solution found with saving the info that we type in the PAD. A button like "save and FTP" would be great with also a FPT connexion we could save by default so that we don't need to go back to the FTP window to select destination.

This would be of great use on the soccer pitch with laptop on the knees.

I could see adding such a feature to the IPTC Info dialog, but not the IPTC Stationery Pad since it does not operate on any single photo but instead operates on a selection of photos.

Do you see what I mean?

-Kirk

Offline denisbalibouse

• View Profile
    • Display of my work
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 01:25:38 PM »
Yes of course,

That was what i meant.
It would be great.

Thanks

Offline Dougmc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 11:45:35 AM »
This is certainly a feature that I would utilize as well in my workflow. Rather than clicking on the "Save & next" button I would love to be able to "Save and FTP" button.

That would be Awesome! Especially if I'm at a location that has a slower internet connection I can keep things moving along without needing to leave the IPTC Info dialogue window just to send each image as I write captions.