Author Topic: Smugmug Uploader template corrupt?  (Read 7407 times)

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
    • Digital Images by Ron Skinner
Smugmug Uploader template corrupt?
« on: January 27, 2009, 07:49:01 PM »
Hi I'm having problems with the Smugmug uploader in version 4.6, when I first tried to use it the template appeared normally, I entered my user name and password and hit send and I started getting the following message error message.  Now everytime I try to upload using the smugmug uploader I get the same error message. I uninstalled and reinstalled 4.6 and still have the same problem it looks like the Smugmug template is corrupt.  Any ideas on how to fix this problem.

My Gallery - Digital Images by Ron Skinner
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Smugmug Uploader template corrupt?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 10:31:46 PM »
Ron,

Hi I'm having problems with the Smugmug uploader in version 4.6, when I first tried to use it the template appeared normally, I entered my user name and password and hit send and I started getting the following message error message.  Now everytime I try to upload using the smugmug uploader I get the same error message. I uninstalled and reinstalled 4.6 and still have the same problem it looks like the Smugmug template is corrupt.  Any ideas on how to fix this problem.

It is unlikely that the template is corrupt.  It is more likely that there is a bug, or that the SmugMug Connection Setting you've got setup is causing a problem.  We're looking into this issue and plan to have this resolved soon.

-Kirk

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 01:50:58 PM »
Thanks Kirk, when I first installed 4.6 the Smugmug template came up fine and I was able to enter my Smugmug user name and password, but after I tried to send a photo to Smugmug the error began appearing. Is there any way I can clear this error message, so I can try to enter my Smugmug information and try again? 

Another maybe related problem is with the "Show Map" feature. I can't seem to connect to the internet when I use this feature in 4.6.  My internet connection is fine because I can get to the Camera Bits Help Center and the Forums and Check for Updates from the Help menu in 4.6, but when I try to use the "Show Map" feature I get a message telling me to check my internet connection? I'm not sure if "the Show Map" feature is trying to access the internet in a different way than accessing the Help Center, but it seems strange that I can access the internet for everything but the "Show Map" feature. I thought it might have to do with the security settings of my browser, but the strange thing is, if I use PhotoMechanic 4.5.4  with the Show Map feature on the same image it works fine and the map and GPS location appear!!!! Did something change in 4.6 with the Show Map feature?

I'm using Windows XP SP3.  I've also tried using different default browsers IE8, Firefox and Chrome and still have the same connection problem with the Show Map feature.  Any ideas.

Thanks,
Ron
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 01:53:20 PM by RonD200 »
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 02:48:52 PM »
Thanks Kirk, when I first installed 4.6 the Smugmug template came up fine and I was able to enter my Smugmug user name and password, but after I tried to send a photo to Smugmug the error began appearing. Is there any way I can clear this error message, so I can try to enter my Smugmug information and try again?

You could delete the current Connection Setting for SmugMug and then enter it again.  You can do this by choosing "Upload Connection Settings..." from the Edit menu before you bring up the Upload dialog.

Quote from: RonD200
Another maybe related problem is with the "Show Map" feature. I can't seem to connect to the internet when I use this feature in 4.6.  My internet connection is fine because I can get to the Camera Bits Help Center and the Forums and Check for Updates from the Help menu in 4.6, but when I try to use the "Show Map" feature I get a message telling me to check my internet connection? I'm not sure if "the Show Map" feature is trying to access the internet in a different way than accessing the Help Center, but it seems strange that I can access the internet for everything but the "Show Map" feature. I thought it might have to do with the security settings of my browser, but the strange thing is, if I use PhotoMechanic 4.5.4  with the Show Map feature on the same image it works fine and the map and GPS location appear!!!! Did something change in 4.6 with the Show Map feature?

Yes.  A lot has changed.  Do you use a proxy server to connect to the web?

-Kirk

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 05:38:23 PM »

You could delete the current Connection Setting for SmugMug and then enter it again.  You can do this by choosing "Upload Connection Settings..." from the Edit menu before you bring up the Upload dialog.

Quote from: RonD200

Yes.  A lot has changed.  Do you use a proxy server to connect to the web?

-Kirk

Kirk I deleted my Upload settings as you suggested, but when I click on the upload option I continue to get the "Error activating the Smugmug Template....  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling 4.6 but I continue to get this message. Is there anything I can do to get a clean install of 4.6 ? It seems like something got messed up the first time I tried to upload to Smugmug and I can't get rid of the error message. I still can't figure out why I can connect to the Help and Forums from 4.6 but have connection problems with the Show Map feature.

No I'm not using a proxy server. I use AT&T Sbcglobal.net DSL.  The strange thing is I'm having these problems on my Desktop computer, but 4.6 on my laptop works fine  for uploading to Smugmug and the Show Map feature.  I really need to get this working on my Desktop though since that is the computer I use for my photo editing.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 08:03:14 PM »
Kirk I deleted my Upload settings as you suggested, but when I click on the upload option I continue to get the "Error activating the Smugmug Template....  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling 4.6 but I continue to get this message. Is there anything I can do to get a clean install of 4.6 ? It seems like something got messed up the first time I tried to upload to Smugmug and I can't get rid of the error message. I still can't figure out why I can connect to the Help and Forums from 4.6 but have connection problems with the Show Map feature.

Those other links use your currently selected system browser.  The Show Map feature embeds an Internet Explorer instance inside the Photo Mechanic window.

Uninstalling PM 4.6 with its uninstaller is going to uninstall the application.  The settings for the application are not removed.

No I'm not using a proxy server. I use AT&T Sbcglobal.net DSL.  The strange thing is I'm having these problems on my Desktop computer, but 4.6 on my laptop works fine  for uploading to Smugmug and the Show Map feature.  I really need to get this working on my Desktop though since that is the computer I use for my photo editing.

Can you post a screenshot of the actual error message?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 09:47:18 AM »

Those other links use your currently selected system browser.  The Show Map feature embeds an Internet Explorer instance inside the Photo Mechanic window.

Uninstalling PM 4.6 with its uninstaller is going to uninstall the application.  The settings for the application are not removed.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Did the way PM connects to the internet change in PM 4.6 from PM 4.5.4?  Show map works fine for me in PM 4.5.4. but doesn't find a connection in PM 4.6

Kirk refer to the first message in this topic. I posted the screen shot with the error message I keep getting. No matter what I try I can't make the message go away and the Smugmug template is blank. When I first installed PM4.6 the Smugmug template looked fine until I hit the "send" button ever since then whenever I try an upload I get that same error message and the Smugmug template comes up blank and says initializing and just sits there. Do you know of any way to clear this error message and restore the original Smugmug template. As I said before I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling PM4.6 and I keep getting this message. ( see the first post under this topic.)

I'm really looking forward to using these features, I hope I can get it fixed.

Thanks,
Ron
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 09:51:41 AM »
Ron,

Thanks,

-Kirk

Did the way PM connects to the internet change in PM 4.6 from PM 4.5.4?  Show map works fine for me in PM 4.5.4. but doesn't find a connection in PM 4.6

Kirk refer to the first message in this topic. I posted the screen shot with the error message I keep getting. No matter what I try I can't make the message go away and the Smugmug template is blank. When I first installed PM4.6 the Smugmug template looked fine until I hit the "send" button ever since then whenever I try an upload I get that same error message and the Smugmug template comes up blank and says initializing and just sits there. Do you know of any way to clear this error message and restore the original Smugmug template. As I said before I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling PM4.6 and I keep getting this message. ( see the first post under this topic.)

I'm really looking forward to using these features, I hope I can get it fixed.

The screenshot I want to see is the one from the Show Map feature.  Not the SmugMug error.  When you get a chance, could you post a screenshot of the Show Map error you are getting?

Photo Mechanic 4.6 is still a beta.  That means it is feature complete but may contain some bugs.  The SmugMug template has some issues that we're working to resolve.  The next beta should improve things somewhat.  If you want to contact me privately (with a personal message) and give me your phone number, I'll call you and see if there is anything I can do to get the template in its current form to work better for you.

-Kirk

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 01:48:34 PM »
Hi Kirk here are two Screen shots of Show Map. The first one is the error I get in PM4.6. The second screen shot is Show Map in 4.5.4

Show Map in PM4.6.... Connection Error

Show Map in PM 4.54 works fine.

I'm also wondering if my Show Map connection error in PM4.6 is related to my Uploading Problems with the Smugmug Uploader, maybe I'm not getting a connection with the uploader and that cause the uploader errors. 

I'll also send you a private message with my phone number.

Thanks for all your help.
Ron
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 02:41:29 PM »
Ron,

Hi Kirk here are two Screen shots of Show Map. The first one is the error I get in PM4.6. The second screen shot is Show Map in 4.5.4

I'm also wondering if my Show Map connection error in PM4.6 is related to my Uploading Problems with the Smugmug Uploader, maybe I'm not getting a connection with the uploader and that cause the uploader errors. 

The Uploader templates most definitely do not use Internet Explorer to upload to their destination servers.  The SmugMug issue you reported on this thread is unrelated to the Show Map issue you're having in version 4.6 of Photo Mechanic.

-Kirk

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 05:48:53 PM »
Kirk, I think I have the problem fixed!!!  :)

I'm not sure how I fixed it but both Show Map and the Smugmug uploader are working fine, I even uploaded a photo to Smugmug to verify that it's working.

I sent you a Private Message explaining what I did and what I think may have caused the problem.  I don't think it has anything to do with PM4.6 but some setting on my computer, possibly with my Norton Security program.

Thanks for your help,
Ron
My Blog - Ron's Blog