Author Topic: iPhone sync brings PM to the front...  (Read 4647 times)

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
iPhone sync brings PM to the front...
« on: January 28, 2009, 07:38:25 AM »
Is there any way of stopping PM from coming to the front  when my iPhone is mounted.
No ingest shows up, PM just comes to the foreground...
I dont want to stop the ingest showing up when I mount a CF card...
I think this is a recent issue
Marc
MAC 10.5.5
Marc

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: iPhone sync brings PM to the front...
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 07:56:40 AM »
Marc,

Is there any way of stopping PM from coming to the front  when my iPhone is mounted.
No ingest shows up, PM just comes to the foreground...
I dont want to stop the ingest showing up when I mount a CF card...
I think this is a recent issue

What version of Photo Mechanic are you running?

-Kirk

Offline Rguzmanphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 07:08:53 AM »
Kirk,
This happens with 4.5.5 and for 4.6 with me also. As soon as I connect my iphone it will start PM and as Marc stated if PM running it brings to the front

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 07:25:18 AM »
This happens with 4.5.5 and for 4.6 with me also. As soon as I connect my iphone it will start PM and as Marc stated if PM running it brings to the front

What happens if Photo Mechanic isn't running when you connect your iPhone?  Is Photo Mechanic launched?  If so, then it is Image Capture that is doing this.  I'm not sure what I could do to stop this from happening since the OS doesn't tell me why it is launching our application.

I know this would be slightly irritating in practice, but a simple Command-Tab should put you back in the app you wanted to be in.

-Kirk

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 07:29:54 AM »

What happens if Photo Mechanic isn't running when you connect your iPhone?  Is Photo Mechanic launched?  If so, then it is Image Capture that is doing this.  I'm not sure what I could do to stop this from happening since the OS doesn't tell me why it is launching our application.

I know this would be slightly irritating in practice, but a simple Command-Tab should put you back in the app you wanted to be in.

-Kirk

No, it launches.
This seems to be a recent phenomenon too.
Tab would be fine, launching is a drag...
Marc
Marc

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 08:39:13 AM »
Marc,

No, it launches.
This seems to be a recent phenomenon too.
Tab would be fine, launching is a drag...

OK, then it is Image Capture that is at fault.  I think it may be interpreting your iPhone as a camera and maybe it sees some photos on it and that is why it is launching Photo Mechanic.  Did you recently shoot some photos with your iPhone?  If so, maybe deleting the photos (once you've downloaded them) from the iPhone will fix the problem.

-Kirk

Offline HI_Tim

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 10:59:41 AM »
This is normal behavior: if you have set Image Capture to open Photo Mechanic when a camera or card is connected, then Photo Mechanic will open if your iPhone is connected and has photos in its Camera Roll. This is what I would want to happen, since I would want the option of transferring those photos to my computer.

The problem with Photo Mechanic (PM 4.6, Mac OSX 10.5.6, MacBook Pro, 3GB RAM), is that Photo Mechanic does not see the iPhone in the Ingest window and can not import the photos from the iPhone.

If I set Image Capture preferences to open anything other than Photo Mechanic--Image Capture itself, or Aperture, iPhoto, or Nikon Transfer--the iPhone appears and its photos can be imported.

Why can't Photo Mechanic see the iPhone and import photos from it?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 11:02:33 AM »
This is normal behavior: if you have set Image Capture to open Photo Mechanic when a camera or card is connected, then Photo Mechanic will open if your iPhone is connected and has photos in its Camera Roll. This is what I would want to happen, since I would want the option of transferring those photos to my computer.

The problem with Photo Mechanic (PM 4.6, Mac OSX 10.5.6, MacBook Pro, 3GB RAM), is that Photo Mechanic does not see the iPhone in the Ingest window and can not import the photos from the iPhone.

If I set Image Capture preferences to open anything other than Photo Mechanic--Image Capture itself, or Aperture, iPhoto, or Nikon Transfer--the iPhone appears and its photos can be imported.

Why can't Photo Mechanic see the iPhone and import photos from it?

Photo Mechanic can only Ingest from disks.  Apparently the iPhone does not mount as a disk.  Some other method must be used to access data on the iPhone and PM currently knows nothing about iPhones.

-Kirk