Author Topic: 4.6 Loupe & Zoom  (Read 3173 times)

Offline devenh

• View Profile
4.6 Loupe & Zoom
« on: January 28, 2009, 09:58:08 AM »
The loupe in the contact sheet is a great addition.  When using a single monitor and with PM maximized, I think the loupe works in an appropriate manner.  If PM is not maximized or if you have a second monitor, it would be nice to be able to define a separate pop up window to hold the zoomed image.

Regarding the zoom feature in the preview window, you might consider adding a Ctrl+Z option to zoom and center the image under the current cursor position.

Deven

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.6 Loupe & Zoom
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 11:26:38 AM »
Deven,

The loupe in the contact sheet is a great addition.  When using a single monitor and with PM maximized, I think the loupe works in an appropriate manner.  If PM is not maximized or if you have a second monitor, it would be nice to be able to define a separate pop up window to hold the zoomed image.

I considered that.  But I really don't want to create another top-level window that will take the 'focus' from the contact sheet window, even for a moment.

Quote from: devenh
Regarding the zoom feature in the preview window, you might consider adding a Ctrl+Z option to zoom and center the image under the current cursor position.

I have plans for a similar feature in the Preview window as well.

-Kirk

Offline devenh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 10:28:44 PM »
Kirk,

Could we get a shortcut key to toggle between loupe and cursor mode on the contact sheet?

Deven

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 11:19:08 PM »
Deven,

Could we get a shortcut key to toggle between loupe and cursor mode on the contact sheet?

It's the 'z' key.  The Toolbar button should show the keyboard shortcut in its Tooltip message.

-Kirk

Offline devenh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 07:24:49 AM »
Kirk,

You are of course correct that the 'z' key does toggle the mode, but when I hover the mouse over the toggle icon the hint says "Toggle Cursor Mode."  I think you want "Toggle Cursor Mode (Z)."

Windows Vista 32.

Deven

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 07:28:53 AM »
Deven,

You are of course correct that the 'z' key does toggle the mode, but when I hover the mouse over the toggle icon the hint says "Toggle Cursor Mode."  I think you want "Toggle Cursor Mode (Z)."

Thanks for the heads-up.  I've fixed it for the next release.

-Kirk