Author Topic: Importing FTP Settings  (Read 3616 times)

Offline steiny

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Importing FTP Settings
« on: January 31, 2009, 01:25:33 PM »
My HD crashed last week so I've replaced it and I just reinstalled PM. I looked in the PM folder in my crashed HD under program files for an FTP folder to copy and import into my new HD, but I don't see any folders or files that look like they hold my FTP settings from before.

Is there a file somewhere in my previous PM folder than I can copy and import into my newly installed PM so I don't have to manually enter all of my FTP settings? 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Importing FTP Settings
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 02:03:59 PM »
My HD crashed last week so I've replaced it and I just reinstalled PM. I looked in the PM folder in my crashed HD under program files for an FTP folder to copy and import into my new HD, but I don't see any folders or files that look like they hold my FTP settings from before.

Is there a file somewhere in my previous PM folder than I can copy and import into my newly installed PM so I don't have to manually enter all of my FTP settings? 

It would help to know what OS you're running and what version of Photo Mechanic you're running.

-Kirk

Offline steiny

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 02:44:12 PM »
XP Pro, and PM 4.5.4

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 03:06:34 PM »
XP Pro, and PM 4.5.4

Your settings should still be in the Windows Registry, unless you deleted them or they were deleted when your hard drive experienced problems.

-Kirk

Offline steiny

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 08:31:17 PM »
This is a new XP Pro install and a new HD, not the old HD that crashed. I'm wondering if there's a file though from the old, crashed HD that I can copy and paste into my new PM program files folder that will have all of my stored FTP settings?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 09:07:44 PM »
This is a new XP Pro install and a new HD, not the old HD that crashed. I'm wondering if there's a file though from the old, crashed HD that I can copy and paste into my new PM program files folder that will have all of my stored FTP settings?

They should still be in the Windows Registry on your crashed hard drive if you can still get some data off of it.  Otherwise, no, there is no other file where previous versions of Photo Mechanic stored FTP Connection settings.

-Kirk