Author Topic: Smugmug Uploader and Keywords  (Read 2727 times)

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
    • Digital Images by Ron Skinner
Smugmug Uploader and Keywords
« on: January 31, 2009, 02:00:09 PM »
Just uploaded a file to Smugmug and the following was added to my keywords:

documents; settingsronald; skinnerapplication; datacamera; bits; incphoto; mechaniccacheftpftpsession; 37051953; ledges; 2009006

These are the Keywords that I have in the file:

cold, Cuyahoga Valley National Park, environment, ice, ice formation, Kendall Ledges, land, national park, North America, Ohio, park, scenery, seasons, snow, snowfall, United States of America, weather, Winter, wintertime, CVPS Photo Walk

And after I use the Uploader to upload to Smugmug this is what I see on Smugmug:

cold, Cuyahoga Valley National Park, environment, ice, ice formation, Kendall Ledges, land, national park, North America, Ohio, park, scenery, seasons, snow, snowfall, United States of America, weather, Winter, wintertime, CVPS Photo Walk, documents; settingsronald; skinnerapplication; datacamera; bits; incphoto; mechaniccacheftpftpsession; 37051953; ledges; 2009006

I don't see these extra "keywords" in the IPTC Info Panel in PM 4.6 only in the Keywords in my photos on Smugmug, somehow the uploader is adding the extra technical information as Keywords in Smugmug.

Thanks,
Ron
My Gallery - Digital Images by Ron Skinner
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Smugmug Uploader and Keywords
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 02:11:43 PM »
Ron,

documents; settingsronald; skinnerapplication; datacamera; bits; incphoto; mechaniccacheftpftpsession; 37051953; ledges; 2009006

I have no idea where SmugMug is getting that data at all.  The SmugMug uploader does nothing special at all to setup any keywords when it uploads files.

I'll ask the SmugMug folks what it does to mine for keywords.

-Kirk

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
    • Digital Images by Ron Skinner
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 04:40:49 PM »
Ron,

I have no idea where SmugMug is getting that data at all.  The SmugMug uploader does nothing special at all to setup any keywords when it uploads files.

I'll ask the SmugMug folks what it does to mine for keywords.

-Kirk

Ok Thanks Kirk
My Gallery - Digital Images by Ron Skinner
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline dbleitch

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 05:00:56 PM »
Just to let you know I am getting the same additional keywords and add on string to the file name when uploading to SmugMug with 4.6 as RonD200 is.