Author Topic: 4.6 Beta Installation  (Read 3141 times)

Offline John Macmillan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
4.6 Beta Installation
« on: February 01, 2009, 07:54:06 AM »
If I install the Beta will it overwrite my existing Photomechanic 4.54? Can I easily revert back to 4.54? Is there a way to have both versions available to run on my Macbook Pro?

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.6 Beta Installation
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 09:17:45 AM »
If I install the Beta will it overwrite my existing Photomechanic 4.54? Can I easily revert back to 4.54? Is there a way to have both versions available to run on my Macbook Pro?

Both will coexist just fine.  You cannot run both versions at the exact same time, but you can alternate between them.

-Kirk

Offline sandy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 09:17:19 AM »
I downloaded the beta version 4.6 for the  mac and it appears to have overwritten my original version of 4.5.4 is there a way of reverting back to my original version as 4.6 appears to be locking up when i use the keyword set i bought.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 09:49:26 AM »
I downloaded the beta version 4.6 for the  mac and it appears to have overwritten my original version of 4.5.4 is there a way of reverting back to my original version as 4.6 appears to be locking up when i use the keyword set i bought.

Did you replace your Photo Mechanic version 4.5.4 with the 4.6 version?  The Mac version of Photo Mechanic has no 'Installer' as all that is needed is copying the Photo Mechanic application (from the disk image that mounts once you download it) to your Applications folder.  So unless you renamed your old (4.5.4) version to a different name like 'Photo Mechanic 4.5.4' then you likely replaced it with the 4.6 version.

You can always download the 4.5.4 version from our website and copy it to your Applications folder and it would then replace the 4.6 version.  But I suggest that you rename the Photo Mechanic you have now to 'Photo Mechanic 4.6' before you copy the 4.5.4 version to your Applications folder.  The reason being that we would like to find out why you're having trouble with the keyword set you're using.  What keyword set did you purchase and from where did you purchase it?

Here is the link to the 4.5.4 version:

http://camerabits.fileburst.com/PhotoMechanic4.5.4.dmg.gz

-Kirk

Offline sandy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 10:33:30 AM »
thankyou the copy of the keyword set i bought is Controlled Vocabulary Keyword Catalog version 3.0. from david reicks photo mechanic 4.6 worked fine until i clicked on the catagory section and brought up the keyword list it froze I had to force quit and it hasnt worked since just get the spinning ball I have now reinstalled my original version 4.5.4 {i forgot i still had the dmg on my computer}and have renamed the 4.6 version as photo mechanic 4.6 my original version works well with the keywords and still do but the 4.6 version doesnt get past the spinning ball of death sorry this sounds a bit garbled its a shame because i really loved the facility of uploading into flicker and smugmug which worked well until the keyword problem