Author Topic: Remember layout nav/fav  (Read 5558 times)

Offline gregoire

• View Profile
    • www.emilegregoire.com
Remember layout nav/fav
« on: September 15, 2006, 08:24:51 AM »
Hi Kirk,

I usually resize my Favorites pane so that it takes up 1/3 of the vertical space on the left hand side of the screen and the Navigator 2/3. When I quit and restart PM I always have to resize the panes again. Would it be possible to save the state of the panes so that I don't have to resize at every startup, just like you save the width of the panes? Or provide something like a "save workspace" command?

Emile

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Remember layout nav/fav
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 05:22:28 PM »
Emile,

I usually resize my Favorites pane so that it takes up 1/3 of the vertical space on the left hand side of the screen and the Navigator 2/3. When I quit and restart PM I always have to resize the panes again. Would it be possible to save the state of the panes so that I don't have to resize at every startup, just like you save the width of the panes? Or provide something like a "save workspace" command?

I tried to solve this just now and I couldn't find a workable solution.  I'll try and tackle it again in the 4.5 version.

-Kirk

Offline gregoire

• View Profile
    • www.emilegregoire.com
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 08:31:45 AM »
That would be great!
Thanks,
Emile

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
    • Propaganda
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 11:15:32 AM »
I would like a feature like this also. Here is how I work. I have one large window open where my original files are ingested, this shows large thumbs in capture time mode. The second window to the side shows a folder where I have saved my edited images ready to send. This shows smaller thumbs and is sorted as filename reverse so that the latest is always at the top. Screen real estate on a laptop is at a premium and I am furstrated that PM as a limit on how small you can re-size the window.

I would like to have just one window open, but have a moveable divinding pane down the middle, similar to what you see in Mail and iPhoto and such like. I can specify which folders appear in which pane, both with their own sorting and thumb size.

I would also like to make the window fill the whole screen and fit the thumbs into it so that I don't have half a thumb showing at the bottom, always a full thumb. Does this make sense to you all? Sorry if I'm not explaining it correctly.