Author Topic: 4.6 beta in windows bugs  (Read 2523 times)

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
4.6 beta in windows bugs
« on: February 03, 2009, 11:32:59 AM »
Hi Kirk,

I have been experiencing strange bugs in PM 4.6 public beta on Windows XP SP3 Czech edition.

Namely:

IPTC Stationary pad - when entering text into Caption field, mouse cursos disappears and doesn't reappear until I switch to another app.
Dictionary spell-check (Czech) shows incorrect words but right-click menu for correcting doesn't show at all.
And worst - random crashes when using IPTC Stationary pad. Usually upon Close (and save), sometimes during Apply. The whole PM app just crashes, closes without even triggering the crash helper diagnostics tool which used to be there. Sometimes the stationary works ok, sometimes it brings down whole PM.

It's frequent enough that I would be willing to try using a debug logging version of PM, if you want.

Also, I had one instance where entering text in Upload dialog showed in incorrect (much smaller) font size - in the resize to pixels field -  but happened only once.

Another thing - the new Upload (FTP) dialog triggered by CTRL-U doesn't have default action for Enter like it used to be - when I press CTRL-U and ENTER I expect it to immediately OK the dialog and send the photos flying away. Now I have to move cursor to OK button and press it manually.

Otherwise, it seems to work nicely :) Thanks, Frantisek

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.6 beta in windows bugs
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 12:32:03 PM »
Fratisek,

I have been experiencing strange bugs in PM 4.6 public beta on Windows XP SP3 Czech edition.

Namely:

IPTC Stationary pad - when entering text into Caption field, mouse cursos disappears and doesn't reappear until I switch to another app.
Dictionary spell-check (Czech) shows incorrect words but right-click menu for correcting doesn't show at all.
And worst - random crashes when using IPTC Stationary pad. Usually upon Close (and save), sometimes during Apply. The whole PM app just crashes, closes without even triggering the crash helper diagnostics tool which used to be there. Sometimes the stationary works ok, sometimes it brings down whole PM.

It's frequent enough that I would be willing to try using a debug logging version of PM, if you want.

Did any of this happen in version 4.5.4?  Because I haven't made any changes to the spell checking...

Quote from: Frantisek Vlcek
Also, I had one instance where entering text in Upload dialog showed in incorrect (much smaller) font size - in the resize to pixels field -  but happened only once.

Another thing - the new Upload (FTP) dialog triggered by CTRL-U doesn't have default action for Enter like it used to be - when I press CTRL-U and ENTER I expect it to immediately OK the dialog and send the photos flying away. Now I have to move cursor to OK button and press it manually.

This last one will be fixed in the next beta.

-Kirk

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
Re: 4.6 beta in windows bugs
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 04:46:32 AM »
I will let you know (if it shows in 4.5.4). Regarding the crashes, it might be due to hardware problems, as the notebook has had a strangely behaving HDD at times, although it consistently happened only with IPTC pad operations. I will test it later when off work...