Author Topic: spell check for mac in ITPC stationary pad  (Read 6933 times)

Offline pb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
spell check for mac in ITPC stationary pad
« on: July 11, 2006, 03:50:44 AM »
Maybe it is  me  but  i  can id  misspelled words using  OSX (tiger)   but  can not correct them if  it is a bug  it  would be a nice fix if it is not a  bug  then it would be a great feature!

Offline Tony Hall

• View Profile
    • Tony Hall Photography
Re: spell check for mac in ITPC stationary pad
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 04:23:46 AM »
To correct misspelled words (underlined with a dotted red line) simply hold down the 'ctrl' key while clicking on the word (or if you have a two button mouse, click with the 'right' button); this will bring up a box with possible correct spellings to choose from, along with other spell-checking options.

One tip: make sure you've selected, and dragged to the top, your preferred language (English, British English, Canadian English, French, whatever) in the 'International' section of 'System Preferences' under the 'Language' tab.

This is all easier to do than explain.  :)

Cheers,
Tony

Offline pb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 05:18:49 AM »
Thank  you  it  works  But its seems to me  it  would  be nice if i could  use the  MAC spell check  that seems  seamless with most other common  applications  Like  mail & safari,

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 06:22:57 AM »
Thank  you  it  works  But its seems to me  it  would  be nice if i could  use the  MAC spell check  that seems  seamless with most other common  applications  Like  mail & safari,

I'm not quite sure what you're saying?  Photo Mechanic uses the same system-wide spell checker that Mail and Safari use.  It does indeed work quite seamlessly.

Please explain what you mean to say?

-Kirk