Author Topic: Watermark shadow - stronger and not show thru low-opacity text?  (Read 3611 times)

Offline owen-b

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Watermark shadow - stronger and not show thru low-opacity text?
« on: February 09, 2009, 07:35:11 AM »
Hiya,

The only way I've found to guarantee my watermark text shows up on a variety of images with both dark and pure white areas (for example when including interior and snow-covered exterior images) is to set the watermark to 100% opacity white with a shadow.

However, I'd prefer to be able to turn the opacity down on the watermark as pure white is quite distracting, but as soon as you do that the watermark becomes almost impossible to detect, let alone read, when over white images. Rather than have to manually work out which photos I'll need to place the watermark elsewhere, I was wondering if you could:

a) enable an outline/stroke around letters if possible
b) failing that, enable a stronger shadow for the text, or a slider to adjust opacity of shadow?
c) see if it's possible to have the lower opacity white text not turn grey because of the shadow behind them? I know that's a tricky one!

Cheers,
Owen

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Watermark shadow - stronger and not show thru low-opacity text?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 08:50:40 PM »
Owen,

The only way I've found to guarantee my watermark text shows up on a variety of images with both dark and pure white areas (for example when including interior and snow-covered exterior images) is to set the watermark to 100% opacity white with a shadow.

However, I'd prefer to be able to turn the opacity down on the watermark as pure white is quite distracting, but as soon as you do that the watermark becomes almost impossible to detect, let alone read, when over white images. Rather than have to manually work out which photos I'll need to place the watermark elsewhere, I was wondering if you could:

a) enable an outline/stroke around letters if possible
b) failing that, enable a stronger shadow for the text, or a slider to adjust opacity of shadow?
c) see if it's possible to have the lower opacity white text not turn grey because of the shadow behind them? I know that's a tricky one!

Have you tried the Watermarking feature in version 4.6?  You can now use images as watermarks and since you get to create the image, you can control all of the colors and shading in a program like Photoshop.  You can try the 4.6 beta version before its release.  You can read more about it in the Announcements section of the forums.

-Kirk