Author Topic: Warning when deleting directory with hidden images  (Read 4047 times)

Offline devenh

• View Profile
Warning when deleting directory with hidden images
« on: February 09, 2009, 05:54:08 PM »
Kirk,

Would it be possible to display a warning when deleting a directory that contains hidden (non visible) images?  By hidden, I mean images that are not visible unless you press F1.

My concern is that you can display a directory and that it appears to be empty only because of the current selection criteria.  This may give the user the sense that the directory truly and that it can be safely deleted.

Deven

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Warning when deleting directory with hidden images
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 06:39:14 PM »
Deven,

Would it be possible to display a warning when deleting a directory that contains hidden (non visible) images?  By hidden, I mean images that are not visible unless you press F1.

My concern is that you can display a directory and that it appears to be empty only because of the current selection criteria.  This may give the user the sense that the directory truly and that it can be safely deleted.

What method are you using to delete the directory?  Navigator?  Favorites?  The OS (Finder/Windows Explorer)?

-Kirk

Offline devenh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 07:02:28 PM »
I click on the directory name in the directory tree (the navigator).  When I do this, the directory can appear empty, but of course it may actually contain hidden images.

Deven

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 07:35:20 PM »
I click on the directory name in the directory tree (the navigator).  When I do this, the directory can appear empty, but of course it may actually contain hidden images.

So you're using the Contextual Menu then.  I suppose it could check to see if there are any files at all in it and warn about it.

-Kirk

Offline puzzlecat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 05:12:10 AM »
Hi Kirk. Long time since I posted, but now I'm back with 4.6.3  :)

Just about to post a similar request (but not the same, so I'll start another thread) when I saw this one. I also think this feature of warning when deleting a folder with hidden files would be excellent in a future release.