Author Topic: rename/sequence variable dialogs  (Read 4505 times)

Offline bazography

• View Profile
rename/sequence variable dialogs
« on: February 13, 2009, 11:11:19 AM »
When renaming photos with the sequence variable, I need to open the rename dialog, click on “Set {seqn} variable” to open the second dialog box, click “reset”, click “ok” to close the second dialog box, then click “rename” in the main dialog box.
Is it possible to put the sequence variable options in the main rename dialog box and skip the second box altogether? Seems to me it would be more streamlined and save several steps by simply combining the 2 dialog boxes.
Thanks.

Offline bjornh

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: rename/sequence variable dialogs
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 12:40:26 PM »
When renaming photos with the sequence variable, I need to open the rename dialog, click on “Set {seqn} variable” to open the second dialog box, click “reset”, click “ok” to close the second dialog box, then click “rename” in the main dialog box.
Is it possible to put the sequence variable options in the main rename dialog box and skip the second box altogether? Seems to me it would be more streamlined and save several steps by simply combining the 2 dialog boxes.
Thanks.

On Mac you press the option key and the button magically changes to reset sequence. I'm guessing it's the alt-key on a windows machine.

Offline bazography

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 12:49:12 PM »
I thought I had most of the tricks figured out but I missed this one. I hate it when I learn something so simple after years of doing it the hard way!
Still think ultimately it may still be more streamlined to just put it all on one dialog box, but your tip is most welcome... thanks very much!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 01:26:13 PM »
Thanks.

On Mac you press the option key and the button magically changes to reset sequence. I'm guessing it's the alt-key on a windows machine.

It's Shift on Windows.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 01:27:12 PM »
I thought I had most of the tricks figured out but I missed this one. I hate it when I learn something so simple after years of doing it the hard way!
Still think ultimately it may still be more streamlined to just put it all on one dialog box, but your tip is most welcome... thanks very much!

It just takes up more screen real-estate space and just adds to the clutter.  Shift or Option click and you're done.

-Kirk