Author Topic: PM 4.5.4 Mac Not Logging Into PhotoShelter  (Read 2068 times)

Offline slewis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM 4.5.4 Mac Not Logging Into PhotoShelter
« on: February 09, 2009, 08:03:12 PM »
After using PM to upload to PhotoShelter for several years, it quit tonight.

I'm using PM 4.5.4 on the Mac (MacBook Pro 2.33/3gigs ram).  When I click the photoshelter icon on the tool bar, the File Uploader window opens and says that it is "Connecting to PhotoShelter, attempting login..."  However, it never gets beyond that; it just hangs there with the message.  I also tried uploading with the 4.6 beta, and had a similar experience.

I was able access Photoshelter via the web, so I know I have connectivity and that Photoshelter appears to be alive and well.  I was also able to transmit to Photoshelter via FTP.  That would seem to narrow the problem down to PM.

I last uploaded to Photoshelter from PM yesterday.  Has something suddenly changed?

Any suggestions for getting this working again?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 4.5.4 Mac Not Logging Into PhotoShelter
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 08:07:45 PM »
After using PM to upload to PhotoShelter for several years, it quit tonight.

I'm using PM 4.5.4 on the Mac (MacBook Pro 2.33/3gigs ram).  When I click the photoshelter icon on the tool bar, the File Uploader window opens and says that it is "Connecting to PhotoShelter, attempting login..."  However, it never gets beyond that; it just hangs there with the message.  I also tried uploading with the 4.6 beta, and had a similar experience.

I was able access Photoshelter via the web, so I know I have connectivity and that Photoshelter appears to be alive and well.  I was also able to transmit to Photoshelter via FTP.  That would seem to narrow the problem down to PM.

I last uploaded to Photoshelter from PM yesterday.  Has something suddenly changed?

Not that I am aware of.

Quote from: slewis
Any suggestions for getting this working again?

I would try creating another Connection Setting with a new name and your current logon information.  Then give it a try.

-Kirk