Author Topic: freezes during file(system) operations  (Read 2077 times)

Offline Brendan

• View Profile
freezes during file(system) operations
« on: February 11, 2009, 01:39:27 AM »
Hi!

what I noticed since a long time now is the following issue:

- after saving jpgs:
when the process itself is finished, all pictures are saved, then the window / PM is freezed for 15-30 secs.

- before starting FTP upload (guess also copying/saving the resized files to prepare for upload)
PM also freezes some time at the beginning of an upload. after this, the ftp-window shown that already one or two files are already uploaded.

- copy/move files
after these task PM also freezes for some time

I guess this is in conjunction with (windows)harddisc operation. the issue is stronger on my laptop, which is of course less powerful than my desktop.

Is there something together with the file operations than can be improofed to work more smoothly with PM?

regards, Brendan!
    using the latest version of PM on win10

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
    • Camera Bits Staff
    • Superhero Member
      • View Profile
      • Camera Bits, Inc.
    Re: freezes during file(system) operations
    « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 06:37:44 AM »
    what I noticed since a long time now is the following issue:

- after saving jpgs:
    when the process itself is finished, all pictures are saved, then the window / PM is freezed for 15-30 secs.

- before starting FTP upload (guess also copying/saving the resized files to prepare for upload)
    PM also freezes some time at the beginning of an upload. after this, the ftp-window shown that already one or two files are already uploaded.

- copy/move files
    after these task PM also freezes for some time

I guess this is in conjunction with (windows)harddisc operation. the issue is stronger on my laptop, which is of course less powerful than my desktop.

Is there something together with the file operations than can be improofed to work more smoothly with PM?

You're likely running the Windows version.  It is the refresh of the Navigator that is taking the time.  I have improved the speed of the Navigator in version 4.6 quite significantly so this problem should be reduced somewhat.

-Kirk