Author Topic: Ingested movie files corrupted  (Read 6878 times)

Offline barryc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingested movie files corrupted
« on: July 10, 2006, 10:28:22 AM »
Does PhotoMechanic support ingesting of video files (MPEGx format)? This situation occurs rather infrequently, but occasionally we will shoot a video using our P&S digicam, which I also use PM to ingest the files from. However, while the JPEGs come accross fine, the MPEG files do not. A file does show up, but it is very small in size (on the order a few KB, whereas the actual file can be several MB), and cannot be opened by any application, nor does the thumbnail show up. Clearly the ingested version is corrupted. Note: Dragging and dropping the file from the memory card into an open contact sheet works O.K. vs. using the Ingest function.

I seem to remember this working O.K. a while back (and that would have been with an earlier version of PM), but I cannot swear by this.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingested movie files corrupted
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 11:43:58 AM »
Does PhotoMechanic support ingesting of video files (MPEGx format)? This situation occurs rather infrequently, but occasionally we will shoot a video using our P&S digicam, which I also use PM to ingest the files from. However, while the JPEGs come accross fine, the MPEG files do not. A file does show up, but it is very small in size (on the order a few KB, whereas the actual file can be several MB), and cannot be opened by any application, nor does the thumbnail show up. Clearly the ingested version is corrupted. Note: Dragging and dropping the file from the memory card into an open contact sheet works O.K. vs. using the Ingest function.

I seem to remember this working O.K. a while back (and that would have been with an earlier version of PM), but I cannot swear by this.

What OS platform are you on?

Can you give an example of what one of the files is named, including its extension?
Would you be willing to upload a sample file that exhibits the problem?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline barryc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 07:43:39 PM »
Kirk,

I am running OS 10.3.9 on a PowerPC G4. I use a SanDisk ImageMate card reader.

I have attached a file (MOV01_PM.MPG) which is the result of an Ingest operation. This is the corrupted version.

-Barry

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 10:06:46 PM »
Kirk,

I have attached a file (MOV01_PM.MPG) which is the result of an Ingest operation. This is the corrupted version.

Would it be possible to upload the full-length version of the same file?  Contact me privately for server upload info.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 12:07:20 AM »
Kirk,

Would it be possible to upload the full-length version of the same file?  Contact me privately for server upload info.

No need.  I found the problem and fixed it.  The fix will appear in the next update.

-Kirk

Offline barryc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 11:21:47 AM »
Great. I'll look forward to that next release.
 8)