Photo Mechanic > Support

Viewing subfolders

(1/2) > >>

shot:
Greetings!

Just evaluating PM at the moment.

Is there an option to automatically drill down to add all subfolders to a contact sheet? I have a parent folder "2006" containing month subfolders "01", "02", etc, and within those subbfolders I have day subfolders "01","02"..."31". I'd like to be able to view all my "2006" images. I realise I can use the submenu to "Open in current Contact Sheet", but that's an awful lot of clicking!

Thanks!

shot:
Additional to my query above:

I'm also finding that "Remember folders" is not remembered between PM sessions: if I quit PM and relaunch, then click on the "Remembered" folder in the Favourites pane, nothing at all is displayed.

PM 4.4.3.1
MacOS 10.3.9

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: shot on July 11, 2006, 02:24:55 PM ---Is there an option to automatically drill down to add all subfolders to a contact sheet? I have a parent folder "2006" containing month subfolders "01", "02", etc, and within those subbfolders I have day subfolders "01","02"..."31". I'd like to be able to view all my "2006" images. I realise I can use the submenu to "Open in current Contact Sheet", but that's an awful lot of clicking!
--- End quote ---

Agreed.  No there is no way to view recursively.  But if you were using Mac OS X 10.4 you could use our integrated Spotlight search to create a search that would show all photos taken in the year 2006.

-Kirk

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: shot on July 11, 2006, 03:17:16 PM ---I'm also finding that "Remember folders" is not remembered between PM sessions: if I quit PM and relaunch, then click on the "Remembered" folder in the Favourites pane, nothing at all is displayed.
--- End quote ---

Hmm.  Is there no warning message either?

I'm guessing this is a 10.3.x thing.  I'll look into it.

Thanks for the heads up.

-Kirk

shot:

--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on July 11, 2006, 04:11:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: shot on July 11, 2006, 03:17:16 PM ---I'm also finding that "Remember folders" is not remembered between PM sessions: if I quit PM and relaunch, then click on the "Remembered" folder in the Favourites pane, nothing at all is displayed.
--- End quote ---

Hmm.  Is there no warning message either?

I'm guessing this is a 10.3.x thing.  I'll look into it.

Thanks for the heads up.

-Kirk

--- End quote ---

No warning message. Is it possible to save the Remembered folders?

I also have a problem when launching with the Navigator opening various folders to some hierarchy that I may have used in the previous session. I've tried collapsing all folders when quitting to no avail. I see in a previous post you recommend right-clicking and refreshing the Navigator. I can (Mac) control-click on the folders to refresh them, but cannot refresh the Navigator itself.

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version