Author Topic: 4.6 and character encoding problem with Zenfolio uploader  (Read 12200 times)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.6 and character encoding problem with Zenfolio uploader
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2009, 05:31:43 PM »
Bjorn,

Btw, it looks like it's no longer (4.6.1b) possible to create a new Zenfolio gallery by entering a new name. I believe this was working in 4.6

I have updated the 4.6.1 beta (see the Announcements section) and you should now be able to create galleries again with the Zenfolio uploader template.

-Kirk

Offline bjornh

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2009, 11:49:31 AM »
Bjorn,

Btw, it looks like it's no longer (4.6.1b) possible to create a new Zenfolio gallery by entering a new name. I believe this was working in 4.6

I have updated the 4.6.1 beta (see the Announcements section) and you should now be able to create galleries again with the Zenfolio uploader template.

-Kirk

I did a quick test and it seems to work now.

Any news on my other problem - that the IPTC is not in unicode when using save or using the zenfolio uploader (or save photos as)?

Please tell me if you need any more information from me. I would really like to track this down and get it fixed. Currently the workflow is - select the pictures - save photos as (using embedded preview) including scaling, sharpening etc - select the new pictures and apply an IPTC stationary pad - use the Zenfolio uploader and send the jpgs to Zenfolio.

It would be so nice if I was able to do this is one step :)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2009, 11:56:26 AM »
Bjorn,

I did a quick test and it seems to work now.

Any news on my other problem - that the IPTC is not in unicode when using save or using the zenfolio uploader (or save photos as)?

Please tell me if you need any more information from me. I would really like to track this down and get it fixed. Currently the workflow is - select the pictures - save photos as (using embedded preview) including scaling, sharpening etc - select the new pictures and apply an IPTC stationary pad - use the Zenfolio uploader and send the jpgs to Zenfolio.

It would be so nice if I was able to do this is one step :)

Can you post a screen shot of the IPTC/XMP preferences tab?  And post a screenshot of the IPTC Stationery Pad you're using in the Zenfolio uploader.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline bjornh

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2009, 12:38:16 PM »
Hi Kirk

Now I'm really confused. Did you do any more changes in the last beta? Suddenly it works and not only when applying the IPTC stationary pad but all the way from the original image.

I need to keep testing and will inform you if I get the problem again.

Thanks for your support. The quick respons from you is a big plus for Photo Mechanics :)

/Björn
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 12:43:11 PM by bjornh »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2009, 08:37:41 AM »
Björn,

Now I'm really confused. Did you do any more changes in the last beta? Suddenly it works and not only when applying the IPTC stationary pad but all the way from the original image.

I need to keep testing and will inform you if I get the problem again.

The list of changes from the last beta to the current beta was fairly short.  We did nothing to address any issues related to the Zenfolio Uploader template other than to make it possible to create galleries again.

-Kirk