Author Topic: 4.62 Not Remembering Uploads from session to session  (Read 2499 times)

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
    • Digital Images by Ron Skinner
4.62 Not Remembering Uploads from session to session
« on: February 15, 2009, 08:57:44 AM »
First let me say I really like all the new features in 4.62 especially the GPS tagging and Smugmug Uploader.

Speaking of the Uploader I notice that when I upload a file to Smugmug a green indicator box appears on the Thumbnail indicating that that photo has been transferred to Smugmug and thats a great feature, however if I close the contact sheet or close PM and come back later it doesn't remember which files in that contact sheet have been transferred. Depending on how many photos I have to upload to Smugmug sometimes I don't upload the whole contact sheet at the same time so it would be nice if PM could remember from session to session which photos have been uploaded. I do save an upload log of all transfers and was wondering if PM could read the log and turn the indicator on for transferred photos. 

Also the "Select Transferred" is only useful doing the current session if you close the contact sheet and reopen it it doesn't remember which photos have been transferred.

Thanks,
Ron
My Gallery - Digital Images by Ron Skinner
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.62 Not Remembering Uploads from session to session
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 09:17:21 AM »
Ron,

First let me say I really like all the new features in 4.62 especially the GPS tagging and Smugmug Uploader.

Speaking of the Uploader I notice that when I upload a file to Smugmug a green indicator box appears on the Thumbnail indicating that that photo has been transferred to Smugmug and thats a great feature, however if I close the contact sheet or close PM and come back later it doesn't remember which files in that contact sheet have been transferred. Depending on how many photos I have to upload to Smugmug sometimes I don't upload the whole contact sheet at the same time so it would be nice if PM could remember from session to session which photos have been uploaded. I do save an upload log of all transfers and was wondering if PM could read the log and turn the indicator on for transferred photos. 

Also the "Select Transferred" is only useful doing the current session if you close the contact sheet and reopen it it doesn't remember which photos have been transferred.

The Upload Status Indicators were never intended to be persistent.  We're considering methods to make them persistent, but we don't want to put that data into the files themselves.  The log files are optional and don't have enough information to keep them persistent.

-Kirk

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
    • Digital Images by Ron Skinner
Re: 4.62 Not Remembering Uploads from session to session
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 09:44:23 AM »
Ron,

The Upload Status Indicators were never intended to be persistent.  We're considering methods to make them persistent, but we don't want to put that data into the files themselves.  The log files are optional and don't have enough information to keep them persistent.

-Kirk

Ok Thanks Kirk, I may just label the photos I upload with a different colored label.

My Gallery - Digital Images by Ron Skinner
My Blog - Ron's Blog