Author Topic: 4.6 Beta 2, Trashing folder causes PM Window to close.  (Read 4141 times)

Offline rcohn

• View Profile
4.6 Beta 2, Trashing folder causes PM Window to close.
« on: February 16, 2009, 12:00:52 PM »
Hi,

I just threw out a folder using Control-Click>Move to Trash. This caused the main PM window to close. The program is still running and Command-N or clicking on the PM icon in the Dock opens a new window (as expected). The folder had 4 images. I repeated this several times and double checked in 4.5.4 to make sure it was a new behavior (which it is).

Ric

OS 10.4.11, Dual 2.0Gz G5.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.6 Beta 2, Trashing folder causes PM Window to close.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 12:15:43 PM »
Ric,

I just threw out a folder using Control-Click>Move to Trash. This caused the main PM window to close. The program is still running and Command-N or clicking on the PM icon in the Dock opens a new window (as expected). The folder had 4 images. I repeated this several times and double checked in 4.5.4 to make sure it was a new behavior (which it is).

Were you browsing the folder that you sent to the Trash?  Did the window have only one Contact Sheet tab left?

-Kirk

Offline rcohn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 01:35:26 PM »
Ric,

Were you browsing the folder that you sent to the Trash?  Did the window have only one Contact Sheet tab left?

-Kirk

I've attached a screen shot which I think will make it clear. A folder is selected and no images within the folder are selected. Doing the same thing in 4.5.4 leaves the window open and ready to choose a new folder. BTW, deleting an empty folder does not cause the window to close.

Ric

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 01:38:15 PM by rcohn »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 01:42:58 PM »
Ric,

I've attached a screen shot which I think will make it clear. A folder is selected and no images within the folder are selected. Doing the same thing in 4.5.4 leaves the window open and ready to choose a new folder. BTW, deleting an empty folder does not cause the window to close.

Any folder in the Processed folder?  In your example you're trashing the folder you're viewing.  This same thing happens when you trash one of the other sibling folders?

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 01:50:54 PM »
Ric,

You probably have the Contact Sheet preference "Close contact sheet window when last tab is closed" checked.  This is a new preference in version 4.6 and it defaults to checked.  Try unchecking it if you want the old 4.5.x behavior.

-Kirk

Offline rcohn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 01:59:27 PM »

You probably have the Contact Sheet preference "Close contact sheet window when last tab is closed" checked.  This is a new preference in version 4.6 and it defaults to checked.  Try unchecking it if you want the old 4.5.x behavior.

-Kirk

Yes indeed! Thanks. Maybe this new preference should default to unchecked so PM doesn't change behavior from previous versions without changing user preferences?