Author Topic: 4.6 Beta 2: Spaces between IPTC keywords is not working  (Read 4516 times)

Offline kobold

• View Profile
    • foto-kobold.de
4.6 Beta 2: Spaces between IPTC keywords is not working
« on: February 16, 2009, 07:07:09 AM »
Hi,

I've problem with that feature:
* Added preference to use either a comma ',' or semicolon ';' for separating multiple items in the IPTC "repeating" fields (e.g. Keywords).  Also, spaces are always inserted after the separator to more clearly separate items.

If I select more than one keyword a "comma" is inserted as expected. But I can't see a space between the commas. Here is the result (german language): Portrait,Uniform,Menschen   (missing spaces).

Thank you.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.6 Beta 2: Spaces between IPTC keywords is not working
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 07:28:39 AM »
I've problem with that feature:
* Added preference to use either a comma ',' or semicolon ';' for separating multiple items in the IPTC "repeating" fields (e.g. Keywords).  Also, spaces are always inserted after the separator to more clearly separate items.

If I select more than one keyword a "comma" is inserted as expected. But I can't see a space between the commas. Here is the result (german language): Portrait,Uniform,Menschen   (missing spaces).

Can you post a screen shot of where you are seeing this behavior?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline kobold

• View Profile
    • foto-kobold.de
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 11:25:57 PM »
Hi,

here we go. Unfortunately the Import/Export of IPTC Stationary Pad Keywords Preferences did not work, so the keywords are different on my Macbook Pro. The spaces are still missing (or do I have a wrong understanding of that feature?).

(I selected the keywords using the popup menu). OS = Mac OS X 10.5.6 on both machines (Mac Pro & Macbook Pro), 2 / 9 GB RAM, German Localized OS.

Thanx.

Klaus

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 11:36:21 PM by kobold »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 06:58:15 AM »
Klaus,

here we go. Unfortunately the Import/Export of IPTC Stationary Pad Keywords Preferences did not work, so the keywords are different on my Macbook Pro. The spaces are still missing (or do I have a wrong understanding of that feature?).

Where were you doing the Export/Import?  From the Preferences dialog or the Keywords dialog?  In any case, the keywords that are Exported are the list of keywords that appears in the drop-down menu next to the Keywords field in the IPTC Info/Stationery Pad dialogs.

Thanks for the screen shot.  I have fixed the spaces issue when using the drop-down menus.  The next build will have that fix in it.

-Kirk

Offline kobold

• View Profile
    • foto-kobold.de
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 10:24:47 AM »
It's fine now with Keywords, there was a need to use the "snapshot" button to load my modified master list.

Thank you for fixing the "spaces issue", PM is a great application supporting my daily needs with images.