Author Topic: scroll wheel sensitivity  (Read 2629 times)

Offline focusfinder

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
scroll wheel sensitivity
« on: February 17, 2009, 07:25:31 PM »
Hi

I'm a beginner with Photo Mechanic.

When I'm scrolling through a page of thumbnails (about 200, medium sized), using the scroll-ball on my mighty mouse, I feel that the thumbnails are whizzing by too fast. There's a sort of flicker effect, and it makes it hard to pick out individual images. I've tried to slow them down by setting the 'scroll wheel sensitivity' to minimum in PM's Preferences, but they're still too fast.

In the System Preferences on my mac, I have the 'scrolling' slider set to fast (i.e. to maximum). I like it that way - good for scrolling through web pages.

If I set it to slow (minimum), and then go back into PM, the experience of scrolling through thumbnails is MUCH improved - i.e slower, less flicker. It's even a bit too slow (i.e with both PM and Mac OS sliders at minimum).

I don't want to change the speed of scrolling in OS X, so I wonder if it would be possible to extend the range (in the slow direction) of the 'scroll wheel sensitivity' slider in PM?

Also, would it be possible to have the 'scroll wheel sensitivity' slider in PM's toolbar? (I can imagine adjusting it for smaller and larger folders of images.)

Thanks.

-----------------------------------

OS X 10.4.11
Photo Mechanic 4.5.4
G5, powerpc, 12 GB RAM
20" Cinema Display
Mighty Mouse