Author Topic: 4.6 Beta 2: Window refresh/redraw problem after deleting images  (Read 3108 times)

Offline kobold

• View Profile
    • foto-kobold.de
4.6 Beta 2: Window refresh/redraw problem after deleting images
« on: February 17, 2009, 11:00:53 PM »
Hi,

I've just opened a contact sheet, then select two images, then deleted the images. After that an empty space remains until I press "F5" to refresh the window. Mac OS X 10.5.6.

Note: the empty space only occurs if I move the mousepointer over the deleted images (see snapshots). What I say is: after deleting the images, the images still exists within the contact sheet. If I move the mouse over the deleted images than an empty space is there.

Please give any advice for further investigation if needed.

Klaus

Edit: uups, I see this bahaviour in 4.5.4, too.
Edit2: OK, the images aren't deleted, they remain on the harddisk. I try to fix this...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 11:10:18 PM by kobold »

Offline kobold

• View Profile
    • foto-kobold.de
Re: 4.6 Beta 2: Window refresh/redraw problem after deleting images
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 11:16:22 PM »
OK, found it: it's an incompatibility with an app called "Path Finder". That app replaces the OS X Finder resulting in PM is no longer able to move Images into Trash.

If I tell that app to not to quit Finder than PM is able to move the images into Trash (I can hear the Trash sound), but without refreshing the contact sheet (4.5.4 does the refresh, 4.6 doesn't).

I guess it's "my problem" because I use a 3rd party finder. (it's OK, please enhance PM and fix "real" problems  ;))
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 11:45:33 PM by kobold »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.6 Beta 2: Window refresh/redraw problem after deleting images
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 06:16:40 AM »
OK, found it: it's an incompatibility with an app called "Path Finder". That app replaces the OS X Finder resulting in PM is no longer able to move Images into Trash.

If I tell that app to not to quit Finder than PM is able to move the images into Trash (I can hear the Trash sound), but without refreshing the contact sheet (4.5.4 does the refresh, 4.6 doesn't).

I guess it's "my problem" because I use a 3rd party finder. (it's OK, please enhance PM and fix "real" problems  ;))

Photo Mechanic uses AppleEvents to tell the Finder to move items to the Trash.  It is much safer to do it this way than to try and move files to the Trash directly.

The other option for you if you don't want the Finder to run at all is to configure Photo Mechanic to delete the files instead of moving files to the Trash.  But be warned: if you instruct PM to delete instead of moving to the Trash, your files will be immediately deleted and it will be much harder to get your files back.

-Kirk