Author Topic: Save as with NEF  (Read 3069 times)

Offline miklosphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Save as with NEF
« on: February 23, 2009, 10:52:52 AM »
I am quite confused, as before I bought the license I tried the beta version 4.6 to test all the features and based on that I decided to purchase the PM license (for the current 4.5.4).
While I was testing the 4.6 beta I was pleased to see the very fast batch processing of NEF file with save as to get small images in jpg with very good raw conversion.
So I decided to ditch my Adobe LR and go with PM. Now with the current 4.5.4 version this does not work. When I say Save as it gives the message "none of the files can be ...".
Is it a feature which is not included in 4.5 or there is something else?
I am on Mac OS X.
thanks
Miklos
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 11:00:18 AM by miklosphoto »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Save as with NEF
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 11:05:39 AM »
Miklos,

I am quite confused, as before I bought the license I tried the beta version 4.6 to test all the features and based on that I decided to purchase the PM license (for the current 4.5.4).
While I was testing the 4.6 beta I was pleased to see the very fast batch processing of NEF file with save as to get small images in jpg with very good raw conversion.
So I decided to ditch my Adobe LR and go with PM. Now with the current 4.5.4 version this does not work. When I say Save as it gives the message "none of the files can be ...".
Is it a feature which is not included in 4.5 or there is something else?

That feature only exists in the 4.6 version of Photo Mechanic which is at this time not final yet.  You're welcome to download the 4.6 Public Beta version of Photo Mechanic from the Announcements section of these forums.  Version 4.6 will be released in its final form soon.

-Kirk